Riderdrumr

FNG here

Hello!

So apparently, I will be one out of the seemingly tens of thousands of new NJ gun owners this month! Lol! Looks like it's not the greatest time to exercise my 2ndA rights, BUT most importantly better late than never. I applied the end of August, got my prints in early Sept., and the Florence Twp PD Det. told me to expect an answer by the end of this month.

It all started when my bro-in-law asked me if my wife would be comfortable with a gun in the house. Being a daughter of a NJARNG Colonel, she was used to being around her dad with them being in house. It kinda snowballed from there. Two of my friends decided to get their permits, another friend of mine has been a longtime NRA member and took me shooting, of course the riots scare the bejesus out of any sane person, it seemed like a good time to be properly prepared in home protection. 

I'm not a total newbie. I served in the NJARNG in the 63rd Army Band in Sea Girt, NJ for several years. So, I quickly learned to LOVE shooting my M16A2. I earned a "Sharpshooter" rating in my qualifying. Not a brag, just simply saying I'm not a wet-behind-the-ears newbie.

I plan to purchase a pistol or two, will store and transport it to the letter of the law, will practice at the very least yearly, become a NRA member, and do everything correctly. I'm what they call an "ATGATT" motorcyclist. If you don't know what that is, just know that means I take safety very seriously. So my gun ownership will be no different.

I sincerely look forward to picking your brains and hopefully becoming a humble knowlegeable source for future members.

-Dave

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your time here - we have lots of nice people willing to answer any questions you have (and some will even give the right answers). ;)

BTW... it's Taylor Ham!

Thank you, Mrs. Peel! I respect your opinion. ^_^

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your time here - we have lots of nice people willing to answer any questions you have (and some will even give the right answers). ;)

BTW... it's Taylor Ham!

Taylor ham....I’m a Texan and I know better than that. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1