Riderdrumr

Availability & pricing in NJ vs. America

Hi! New guy here.

This post is NOT a knock on the FFLs in NJ, but just asking about the state of the gun market in NJ & other states.

So high #’s of NJ citizens are getting their P2P right now. The market is red hot. So much that availability of firearms and ammo is low and prices are creeping (skyrocketing?) higher.

Is this worse in NJ than in neighboring states? Should I drive into central PA to purchase there? Drive even further?? Or is it EQUALLY bad all over so stay in NJ? This past July, I was in a rural shop in western NH and they had TONS of inventory.

I’m a shop local guy but I’ve walked into a couple NJ places and seen super long lines. I can’t devote a half day to simply talk to a salesman. Let alone, hardly any inventory to pick from.

Thanks for your advice!

Dave

I don't there is a big difference anywhere. Handguns here in VA are selling for MSRP or higher at a lot of shops. Specific ammo is very high when available (9mm, 45ACP, .223/5.56). AR15s and AK are available, especially AKs. I did notice that 7.62x39 is still cheap and available here. The major difference is that our NICS takes about 5 minutes.