I am so F$?@€%! SICK OF AMMO PRICES. Sorry for the anger but I just went to a shop here after I called and they said they were open and have 9mm fmj for a dollar a peice. Get there they closed and we’re running out of one of their other stores. Out of town. Now if I had the cash and a better vehicle I’d definitely go get it but also for 50 dollars for a box of full metal jackets count 50. No I draw the line at certain places and certain things and I cannot justify putting my car thru the work of traveling an hour just for a single box of ammo. Anyone else feeling my upsetness? It’s crazy that no one has ammo period. I just wanna go to the range and practice a bit. Now I have to go online and I hate shopping online. I have little trust for the internet. Specially when I’ll be paying a few hundred for 9mm ammo. Ahh thanks for letting me vent guys lol

Well..... I wouldnt rush anywhere for $1/rd for 9mm.....  thats too high..... even in these times

and welcome to the forum.....

You will find that most of us do buy our ammo online...... or reload.

It's scarce ...... but it does become available from time to time..... 

• Like 1

Blake.....  Stop.... close your eyes..... breathe...... exhale.......

It sucks, but it is what it is.  There is no point in getting angry over something you have no control over.  We are all in the same boat and feel the same pain.  Be patient, have cash on hand, shop, watch for the "deals" and then pounce.  You can find ammo, but you have to invest the time, and unfortunately, the extra money.  If you see ammo in stock, BUY IT.  When gasoline was $4.25/gal, you still bought gas, right? 

After this all blows over (god willing), chalk up the extra cost and time as a learning experience.  For now, just suck it up, buy what you NEED and practice sparingly.  The silver lining will be that you will become a much better shooter because ammo is too expensive to waste on mag dumps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

where'd ya go? did cheaper than dirt open a local store? :)

I know this is gonna piss a lot of people off...

I don’t buy from CTD, but I don’t disparage them for rasing their prices. Some people call it ‘price gouging’. I call it capitalism. Ultimately, capitalism is self correcting. 
Don’t like the price? Shop around, someone else usually has it cheaper. 

That being said,  I’m surprised that they are still in business. Most of the gear they sell is utter crap. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I don’t buy from CTD, but I don’t disparage them for rasing their prices. Some people call it ‘price gouging’. I call it capitalism. Ultimately, capitalism is self correcting. 

Exactly...  it's capitalism... you can't blame it when it doesn't work in your favor, but praise it when it makes you money.

1 minute ago, kc17 said:

I don't think CTD has ever been cheap.

I've bought things from them over the years (optics, sights, mags, etc.) and didn't find them any more expensive than anyplace else. You just need to know the going prices at the time.

When the price comes back down by next year (hopefully) or by 2022, make sure you stack it deep when its cheap! If you think about it, guns and ammo are always in demand every 4 years nationally due to the Presidential elections. This year was different to due to a global pandemic, civil unrest, and 4 to 5 million new gun owners in addition to the Presidential Election. Get what you can now to stay proficient. 

10 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

so I uh hate to be that guy but 1 post, no mention of store name and no ammo on hand.......

@blakejenna what store had 9mm for 50 dollars a box? You can try ammoseek.com

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Here you go, kids... 60 cents a round... strike fast before you miss it:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/speer-lawman-9mm-luger-ammo-147-grain-tmj-53620-p-930.aspx

I checked just for fun, it was gone, probably gone before you finished posting 

$599/case thus is the new norm for awhile 

7 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

That being said,  I’m surprised that they are still in business. Most of the gear they sell is utter crap. 

I bought two of their "Rough Use Knives" for $10 each a long time ago.  I have beat the ever living dog snot out of these things and they are still useful.   I kinda wish I had bought a dozen of them.

I think price gouging has a place.  Instead of one guy buying everything out during a rush, they still will have inventory because they are price gouging douchebags :). 

I feel the same way about rising prices for hurricanes and snow storms.  It makes people buy what they need rather than an extra bit "just because".  It helps spread the resource around.  You can still call them ripoff scumbags...but they have stock.

40 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I bought two of their "Rough Use Knives" for $10 each a long time ago.  I have beat the ever living dog snot out of these things and they are still useful.   I kinda wish I had bought a dozen of them.

I think price gouging has a place.  Instead of one guy buying everything out during a rush, they still will have inventory because they are price gouging douchebags :). 

I feel the same way about rising prices for hurricanes and snow storms.  It makes people buy what they need rather than an extra bit "just because".  It helps spread the resource around.  You can still call them ripoff scumbags...but they have stock.

i bought one of those as well and have utterly beat the daylights out of it.  it still keeps going and hoping my ontario woodsman holds up the same lol

8 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I know this is gonna piss a lot of people off...

I have to agree and shame on the people paying for not looking ahead and keeping some ammo on hand

that said, they guys that train often are the ones that pay the price because some shoot a lot as in a lot! 

15 minutes ago, kc17 said:

@blakejenna you can get some at 45cpr from a forum member.

@SL8R a good guy to deal with. Bought a case of 9mm and some boxes of 38 special for me and my buddy. Honestly besides playing fast draw online and being limited on how much you can buy in the gun shops at high rates;  utilizing  the classified section of this forum is a great resource to get ya ammo. Been doing it since march.

• Like 1

I guess I am a hoarder. I have a lot of ammo, and I haven't really shot much since last November. I am trying to join a gun club by my new town so maybe I will shoot a little more, who knows. When the prices return to "normal" buy at least a case of each caliber you have a gun for. I used to buy cases when they were on sale or free shipping. I used to do Knockdown Steel at OBRPC so I would go through about 200 rounds of .40 or 9mm, depending on which carbine I was using, and a case of 12 gauge. That is why I bought a LOT of ammo!

I currently need 200 2x4x8's. I refuse to pay almost $7 a piece for them when they were "only" $2.50 or less a few months ago. So, if someone has a line on 2x4's and needs some ammo, let's make a deal! I won't gouge you on ammo, you don't gouge me on the wood.