JC_68Westy

Staccato C2

I have been considering getting a Staccato C2 and was wondering if anyone on here owns one or has had any experience shooting one. I handled on at the Nation's Gun Show recently and liked how it felt. I would hate to buy a $2000 gun and not like it. Having only handled one and never shot one I would like to hear some first hand opinions.

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Staccato C2, the regular one, not the Duo. I have one handgun with a red dot (SIg P320 X5 Legion) and have found that I do not really like red dots on handguns. I can't believe that I spent so much on a gun that I have never shot. They have an excellent LEO/Military/First responder program that is 15% off everything. The military discount includes veterans. The discount took $299.85 off the price. The discount has no limits and can be used for mags, etc. The only bad thing is the long wait...

6 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I just pulled the trigger and ordered the Staccato C2, the regular one, not the Duo. I have one handgun with a red dot (SIg P320 X5 Legion) and have found that I do not really like red dots on handguns. I can't believe that I spent so much on a gun that I have never shot. They have an excellent LEO/Military/First responder program that is 15% off everything. The military discount includes veterans. The discount took $299.85 off the price. The discount has no limits and can be used for mags, etc. The only bad thing is the long wait...

Have a link?

Just now, Gabesdad said:

Have a link?

Here is the Heroes Program link https://staccato2011.com/heroes-program/

Use the link fill in the info and create an account then you get a coupon code.  Each time you purchase you log in and get a code. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:58 PM, JC_68Westy said:

Nice!

Looking to get rid of that P320 X5 Legion?  :D

Just now, Krdshrk said:

Nice!

Looking to get rid of that P320 X5 Legion?  :D

It has way too many standard capacity mags for you in NJ. I set up a small steel range in my  backyard (6 plates) at I am getting used to the red dot. It is way more fun to shoot at steel with the red dot than paper.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 7:54 PM, Krdshrk said:

My God that was a tortuous video......lol

What's with the pinky flair?  Lol

So, i know of a place with some sort of sti lower with an auotordinace 10mm upper in 40 cal

II have no idea what the hell it is.

So even though this was ordered on 10/4 and was told on multiple occasions that there’s a 90 lead time, my FFL called and said the pistol came in today. He also said NICS is running 4-5 days, which is absolutely ridiculous but what else should be expected from NJ. 

• Like 1

My buddy has one.

It's retarded nice.  If you like 1911 style pistols/trigger but want more capacity than a standard 1911 you will not be disappointed.  The grip is essentially the same as a 1911 grip when accounting for the grip panels.  The triggers are very nice out of the box on these as well.  Points really well.  All in, it's a great gun.  

Which grip did you get with it?  There are 2 versions, which is why I ask.  

8 hours ago, BullzeyeNJ said:

I’m ordering a single stack C Duo today. Pretty good review here by LAV:

you don't need one!

8 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I am patiently waiting for my delivery. The only downside is that I cannot find any mags, they are also very expensive.

Mags are not cheap.

These might be what you want in NJ.

https://mbxextreme.com/index.php?page=Magazines_10Round

21 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

you don't need one!

Mags are not cheap.

Good thing I am in a free (for the moment) state and can buy/own/posses standard capacity magazines.

51 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

you don't need one!

Mags are not cheap.

Ha ! Do I ever need another 1911 @ronhonda . I passed that point a long time ago. It’s basically just another new shiny thing that will hardly get used after the shininess fades. Lol

1 minute ago, BullzeyeNJ said:

Ha ! Do I ever need another 1911 @ronhonda . I passed that point a long time ago. It’s basically just another new shiny thing that will hardly get used after the shininess fades. Lol

Aren't they all?

here, they have 54 in stock of 9mm 126 length standard mags STI gen 2

http://www.1911store.com/sti2011magazine-1.aspx

13 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

Good thing I am in a free (for the moment) state and can buy/own/posses standard capacity magazines.

13 minutes ago, ronhonda said:

Thanks, but I have been looking for 120mm. Can't find them in stock. Also 1911store.com is selling the 126mm at $10 above MSRP. Thanks for finding this, I may order a couple if I can't find any 120mm.

I am hoping Staccato gets some in stock soon because I get a 15% discount and get them for around $54.50.

I received a phone on Friday from the gun shop letting call letting me know that my C2 was in and ready for me to pick it up. I shot it this weekend and put 100rds of mixed factory and reloads (115 and 124 grain). The gun functioned flawlessly. I think that this of going to me my daily carry gun. It is very accurate and east to shoot.

The second pic is with a Glock 19 for size reference.IMG_0010.thumb.jpeg.deb621a3735c1fdbe4f1c71efe32b691.jpegIMG_0011.thumb.jpeg.cb3e8bd1fe1e15c2eb40a1f161bf39d4.jpeg

• Like 2

That’s great. I never got my C Duo because I learned that there is a limited amount of red dots that would fit on the slide and I didn’t care for any of them. Many more choices of RDO for the double stack models. 

How do you like the grip on the C2? I have heard mixed reviews on it. Some say the grip pattern allows a tight grip and others say the hard material is slippery and they can’t get a firm grip. Your thoughts ? 

1 hour ago, BullzeyeNJ said:

That’s great. I never got my C Duo because I learned that there is a limited amount of red dots that would fit on the slide and I didn’t care for any of them. Many more choices of RDO for the double stack models. 

How do you like the grip on the C2? I have heard mixed reviews on it. Some say the grip pattern allows a tight grip and others say the hard material is slippery and they can’t get a firm grip. Your thoughts ? 

I went with the regular C2 due to the fact that I am still on the fence with red dots. The only gun I have with a red dot id the P320 X5 Legion and it has been an ok gun. I am still having a hard time not focusing on the front sight and red dots feel unnatural to me. I don't really like them on my ARs either (prefer low powered scopes instead).

I really like the grip on the C2. I don't find it slippery at all. The one thing I had to adjust to is that when I shoot a 1911 I like to rest my right hand thumb on the thumb safety but doing this with the C2 shifts my hand off the grip safety a little bit. I will shoot it some more this weekend and be able to give a more informed opinion on it.