JC_68Westy

Staccato C2

15 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I went with the regular C2 due to the fact that I am still on the fence with red dots. The only gun I have with a red dot id the P320 X5 Legion and it has been an ok gun. I am still having a hard time not focusing on the front sight and red dots feel unnatural to me. I don't really like them on my ARs either (prefer low powered scopes instead).

I really like the grip on the C2. I don't find it slippery at all. The one thing I had to adjust to is that when I shoot a 1911 I like to rest my right hand thumb on the thumb safety but doing this with the C2 shifts my hand off the grip safety a little bit. I will shoot it some more this weekend and be able to give a more informed opinion on it.

Thank you for your thoughts on this pistol. Please keep us updated as you get more range time with it. 

On 12/23/2020 at 5:41 AM, BullzeyeNJ said:

That’s great. I never got my C Duo because I learned that there is a limited amount of red dots that would fit on the slide and I didn’t care for any of them. Many more choices of RDO for the double stack models. 

How do you like the grip on the C2? I have heard mixed reviews on it. Some say the grip pattern allows a tight grip and others say the hard material is slippery and they can’t get a firm grip. Your thoughts ? 

Do you have a link to the info on what red dots fit on the C Duo vs the C2?  Curious to see it. Thanks!

After having the gun for a couple of weeks I can now say that this is the best autoloading pistol I own. It is extremely accurate and easy to shoot. I do not find the grip slippery at all. The grip is very positive. I do not like overly aggressive grip texturing and this is just about right for me. The only negative about the gun is the cost and availability of magazines.

1 hour ago, Zabuca said:

The restricted mags they sent me are 126mm.  They don’t fit flush. 

I feel for anyone that has to buy s**tty restricted mags. I hope this doesn't happen to the rest of us free Americans as a result of the election.

13 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I feel for anyone that has to buy s**tty restricted mags. I hope this doesn't happen to the rest of us free Americans as a result of the election.

Yeah , I wouldn’t wish that on anyone in the free states. 

if the 126mm stick out then I guess the factory mags that come with the c2 are 113mm. Figured as much.