Underdog

Trump on CCW National Reciprocity Bill

It will never get to his desk. Not even if we had the house too. And just say it did, States such as NJ, NY, etc, will cry States rights, bla, bla, bla, something, something, and tie it up in courts for years. You are never going to be able to carry in NJ, accept that fact.

• Agree 4
  • Informative 1

20 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

It will never get to his desk. Not even if we had the house too. And just say it did, States such as NJ, NY, etc, will cry States rights, bla, bla, bla, something, something, and tie it up in courts for years. You are never going to be able to carry in NJ, accept that fact.

I’m all for the push for it. If only to force the anti-gun crowd to play defense for once

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

26 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

....wait....but shouldnt STATES RIGHTS, be everything we are concerned about?

And, also be concerned when states trample on the agreed to Consitution ....

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure he said that four years ago, and yet even when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, they were unable to get it done.  I believe the only way it's ever going to happen is with a SCOTUS ruling about equal protection, as was the case for gay marriage.  But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

1 hour ago, diamondd817 said:

you forgot a word: legally

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

I'm pretty sure he said that four years ago, and yet even when the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, they were unable to get it done.

Actually, it passed in the Repub House, it was the Repub Senate that refused to take a vote on it, and let it die... But yeah.... Trump will restore our 2A rights.... :facepalm:

19 minutes ago, Handyman said:

It didn't get to him but you blame him?

No, you missed the point. He keeps claiming to protect our 2A right. I don't know about you, but I know I've LOST more 2A rights the last 4 years then GAINED them.

15 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

You are never going to be able to carry in NJ, accept that fact.

The system is so screwed up. I never would have figured I'd see the day where I can legally carry, at last count, in either 35 or 36 states, but can't carry in the state that I've lived in for the majority of my life.  :fool:

It's FUBAR.

18 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

The way to get states to accept it is tie it to some Federal money like they did the 55 mph speed limit.  Democrat states will accept it.  However, states like NJ wlll add more restrictions.  Currently, if you have a carry permit in NJ, the only no carry places are schools and courthouses.  Someone like Murphy will undoubtedly add bars, gatherings of more than 3 people, and other bs.  These are the things that will be fought in courts.

Don't blame Trump  because he respects the 10A.  He's proven this throughout all this rioting bs. Don't blame Trump because he follows the COTUS.

As an add to, there is a lawsuit in Federal court regarding Murphy and Grewal's refusal to recognize LEOSA for retired LEOs that live in NJ.  Murphy and Grewal will lose.

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

No, you missed the point. He keeps claiming to protect our 2A right. I don't know about you, but I know I've LOST more 2A rights the last 4 years then GAINED them.

Not because of Trump but because of Murphy and Sweeney.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

The system is so screwed up. I never would have figured I'd see the day where I can legally carry, at last count, in either 35 or 36 states, but can't carry in the state that I've lived in for the majority of my life.  :fool:

It's FUBAR.

This statement displays you have little understanding of how politics works.  Trump spent his first two years getting the Republican establishment accepting him 

THE WORLD IS NOT THERE TO PLEASE SNIPER!!!

Trump will show his colors in his 2nd term.  A POTUS can't go all out in the first term. He has to worry about the 2nd term.  When that comes, he can do what he wants.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GRIZ said:

This statement displays you have little understanding of how politics works.  Trump spent his first two years getting the Republican establishment accepting him 

THE WORLD IS NOT THERE TO PLEASE SNIPER!!!

Trump will show his colors in his 2nd term.  A POTUS can't go all out in the first term. He has to worry about the 2nd term.  When that comes, he can do what he wants.

Some just need to argue and are incredibly desperate to be right, all - the - time....

“People who always need to be right tend to have fragile egos,” she says. When they feel as if their self-image has been threatened, they want to make themselves look bigger or smarter, so they blame others. It’s a coping mechanism to deal with insecurity, she explains. - karyl mcbride ph.d

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Sure...

The Senate has been more on his side then the House. So, why did the more hostile House vote for National Reciprocity, but the Senate punted, and won't even consider it?

8 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Ha.... that's some funny stuff, right there.

9 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Not because of Trump but because of Murphy and Sweeney.

WOW...News Flash... States pass unconstitutional laws.... Who would have thunk that??

You're amazing!!

3 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Some just need to argue and are incredibly desperate to be right, all - the - time....

“People who always need to be right tend to have fragile egos,” she says. When they feel as if their self-image has been threatened, they want to make themselves look bigger or smarter, so they blame others. It’s a coping mechanism to deal with insecurity, she explains. - karyl mcbride ph.d

There are adults having a discussion here. I already told you, your forum is at this link, where the children hang out:

https://www.disboards.com/

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

Sure...

The Senate has been more on his side then the House. So, why did the more hostile House vote for National Reciprocity, but the Senate punted, and won't even consider it?

Sure, you can blame the Senate for not voting on it.  The POTUS can't do anything until they send the  bill for his signature.  Read the COTUS.

Ha.... that's some funny stuff, right there.

Funny stuff?  You did it again! That's how politics works.  Unless they are committed to serving just one term every politician starts running for their next term before they're sworn in. You want to please the people who voted for you and win over those that didnt.  If the office has term limits you dont have to schmooze voters your last term.  If Trump displeases you so much vote for Biden.  You know for sure what President Harris is going to do.  You can also move to a state with Kanye West on the ballot or write in yourself.

WOW...News Flash... States pass unconstitutional laws.... Who would have thunk that??

You're amazing!!

You apparently blame Trump for what the Democrats have done in NJ.

Unconstitutional laws?  They may be but Sniper declaring them so on a gun forum has no impact.  No one has sucessfully challenged NJ gun laws for over 50 years.

There are adults having a discussion here. I already told you, your forum is at this link, where the children hang out:

https://www.disboards.com/

That was childish.  The quote by @USRifle30Cal must have hurt your feelings.  Prove me wrong by showing a link where you admitted you were wrong.

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Sure, you can blame the Senate for not voting on it. 

That's exactly what I said above go back and re-read it.

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

If Trump displeases you so much vote for Biden.  You know for sure what President Harris is going to do.  You can also move to a state with Kanye West on the ballot or write in yourself.

So, since I'm pissed that Trump hasn't done what he promised, I should immediately vote for Biden/Harris? Really?

You're sounding as ridiculous as your friend above. Here's a hint, I'm not voting FOR anyone this year, just like the last few election cycles.

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

You apparently blame Trump for what the Democrats have done in NJ.

Yes or No question. Has Trump bloviated that he was going to protect our 2A Rights the last four years? What has HE done positive for us in that regard?

Second part of the question, have any of our Federal 2A Rights been infringed on the last 4 years?

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Unconstitutional laws?  They may be but Sniper declaring them so on a gun forum has no impact.

Where did I say what I post has any impact, but thanks for agreeing with me that Murphy passed unconstitutional laws...

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

No one has sucessfully challenged NJ gun laws for over 50 years.

And that's something YOU should be concerned about and fighting above instead of bothering me with your nonsense.

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

The quote by @USRifle30Cal must have hurt your feelings.

Nobody can hurt my feelings, I have extremely thick skin. But his childish attacks get old because he's either pissed he didn't think of what I post, or extremely jealous of what I've achieved, and he hasn't. You can decide which one it is.

2 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Prove me wrong by showing a link where you admitted you were wrong.

I'm rarely, if ever, wrong. Just because he and you don't understand what I post, and it goes over your collective heads, doesn't make me wrong.

This is a "nothing burger" so to speak. Does anybody here remember Cornyn's reciprocity bill from over a year ago? I can legally carry in 42 states (for now) but, in NJ there is little hope. A potential Biden win next month could spell disaster for CCW/reciprocity nationwide along with magazine capacity etc.. It pains me to say this, but our "ace in the hole" fell flat back in June when SCOTUS denied review of rogers v grewal and marc cheeseman v polilo. Our next best bet is to wait for another CCW case to work it's way up to SCOTUS (or file a new one) which could take many years. In the mean time the state of NJ has decided it is best for all of us to be at the mercy of the muggers. It's nauseating I know, it's why so many of "us" have left NJ to greener pastures. NJ go :FLIPA:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:13 PM, Sniper said:

That's exactly what I said above go back and re-read it.

A few posts earlier you were blaming Trump.

So, since I'm pissed that Trump hasn't done what he promised, I should immediately vote for Biden/Harris? Really?

You're sounding as ridiculous as your friend above. Here's a hint, I'm not voting FOR anyone this year, just like the last few election cycles.

So you're of the type that doesn't vote, just complains. That's ridiculous.  Voting is like public transportation.  You get on the bus that takes you closest to where you want to be. Voter apathy is one of the reasons we have some of the problems we have.  Others on the forum say they'll hold their nose and vote for Trump.  If you consider yourself a conservative but vote for a third party candidate you're only helping the liberals.  If you vote for Trump you'll get some of what you want.

You don't have to vote but you give up some credibility when you complain.  You do nothing to help solve the problems.

Yes or No question. Has Trump bloviated that he was going to protect our 2A Rights the last four years? What has HE done positive for us in that regard?

Second part of the question, have any of our Federal 2A Rights been infringed on the last 4 years?

Where did I say what I post has any impact, but thanks for agreeing with me that Murphy passed unconstitutional laws...

I said they MAY be.  Don't put words in my mouth as you always try to do.

And that's something YOU should be concerned about and fighting above instead of bothering me with your nonsense.

What nonsense?  You're the one who doesn't vote and try to help change things.  You seem to be willing to let everyone else do the work while you just complain.  

Nobody can hurt my feelings, I have extremely thick skin. But his childish attacks get old because he's either pissed he didn't think of what I post, or extremely jealous of what I've achieved, and he hasn't. You can decide which one it is.

What you've achieved?  Did I miss something like you've walked on the moon? I'm sure you've achieved something but I don't remember you mentioning anything someone would be jealous about.

I'm rarely, if ever, wrong. Just because he and you don't understand what I post, and it goes over your collective heads, doesn't make me wrong.

You always used to blame everyone's reading comprehension.  Rarely, if ever, wrong?  Go back to the quote  @USRifle30Cal posted.  Insecurity?

"Nobody can hurt my feelings, I have extremely thick skin. But his childish attacks get old because he's either pissed he didn't think of what I post, or extremely jealous of what I've achieved, and he hasn't. You can decide which one it is.

What you've achieved?  Did I miss something like you've walked on the moon? I'm sure you've achieved something but I don't remember you mentioning anything someone would be jealous about.

You always used to blame everyone's reading comprehension.  Rarely, if ever, wrong?  Go back to the quote  @USRifle30Cal posted.  Insecurity?"

Lmao....  just...wow...  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, marlintag said:

This is a "nothing burger" so to speak. Does anybody here remember Cornyn's reciprocity bill from over a year ago? I can legally carry in 42 states (for now) but, in NJ there is little hope. A potential Biden win next month could spell disaster for CCW/reciprocity nationwide along with magazine capacity etc.. It pains me to say this, but our "ace in the hole" fell flat back in June when SCOTUS denied review of rogers v grewal and marc cheeseman v polilo. Our next best bet is to wait for another CCW case to work it's way up to SCOTUS (or file a new one) which could take many years. In the mean time the state of NJ has decided it is best for all of us to be at the mercy of the muggers. It's nauseating I know, it's why so many of "us" have left NJ to greener pastures. NJ go :FLIPA:

We didn't have an ace in the hole. SCOTUS Chief Roberts is a puppet of the left because they have dirt on him or he doesn't want to rock the boat and upset the DC country club. We're going to have Justice Barrett to nullify his compromised a$$. We will carry in NJ hopefully within 4 years. Then you can all stop complaining and do something productive. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

We didn't have an ace in the hole. SCOTUS Chief Roberts is a puppet of the left because they have dirt on him or he doesn't want to rock the boat and upset the DC country club. We're going to have Justice Barrett to nullify his compromised a$$. We will carry in NJ hopefully within 4 years. Then you can all stop complaining and do something productive. 

From your mouth to Gods ears or whoever you want to hear. I hope your right.

But this is Jersey, the way they screw people, I will always have doubts.

Again, I hope your right.

1 hour ago, Bklynracer said:

From your mouth to Gods ears or whoever you want to hear. I hope your right.

But this is Jersey, the way they screw people, I will always have doubts.

Again, I hope your right.

The problem is that NJ will likely attempt to delay delay delay with laws to create restrictions, fees, and where you can carry. I'm trying to remain optimistic. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

delay delay delay with laws to create restrictions, fees, and where you can carry

This.

If NJ if forced to become a shall issue state (after years legal battles), I believe NJ will make the CCW process so onerous and expensive that, once again, only a select group of citizens will have access to it, leaving most of us with nothing. I want the right to CCW, but cannot afford it if that "right" costs me thousands a year between licensing and training and insurance...You just know there will be a huge insurance requirement.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Actually it was our ace in the hole. We had three of the 10 cases before SCOTUS that specifically targeted NJ's permitting carry scheme. Just one of these cases could have ended NJ's outright abuse that has last nearly 50+ years. Many here like to ramble on about Chief Roberts involvement regarding these cases, but the fact is that only Thomas and Kavanaugh dissented. Of the 9 justices only 2 showed interest in reviewing NJ's "justifiable need" scam. There are other conservative justices that showed no immediate interest in reviewing these cases, there is simply no proof that Roberts went to bat for or against us. I am not sure where you came up with 4 years? Is there some secret algorithm that we are not privy to? Please do share! in the meantime we will try to minimize our "complaining" as it offends your sensibilities.....

:bye:

4 years is probably being overly optimistic based on how long it takes for cases to progress through the court system. Justices Alito, Thomas, and Gorsuch filed a dissent on the NY case. Regarding Justice Kavanaugh:

Although Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh wrote that he agreed the New York case was moot, he added, “I share Justice Alito’s concern that some federal and state courts may not be properly applying” the Supreme Court’s decision recognizing an individual’s right to gun ownership. “The Court should address that issue soon,” he wrote.

I have faith that soon-to-be Justice Barrett will side with the Second.