blakejenna

Looking for Rectile

Looking for a "do it all" LPVO for SHTF (or whatever we are calling a general upending of normal life this week). Home defense is taken care of already with a T2, I'm looking for an LPVO or similar that is almost as fast/durable and with as low a signature (no/low forward light emission). What I want the LPVO to bring to the table that the T2 cannot is more magnification and the best recticle possible for a world that could be without batteries. A reticle that can work well on 1x without illumination, in conjunction with a white light, and also stretch out at 6-10x and be usable. Price isn't much of an issue. So far I'm considering:

1.) Khales K16i (SM1 reticle) or K18i (3GR reticle).

2.) Vortex Razor Gen II-E or Gen III.

3.) S&B Short Dots - maybe dual CC?

4.) Elcan 1x/4x.

4 hours ago, blakejenna said:

Looking for a "do it all" LPVO for SHTF (or whatever we are calling a general upending of normal life this week). Home defense is taken care of already with a T2, I'm looking for an LPVO or similar that is almost as fast/durable and with as low a signature (no/low forward light emission). What I want the LPVO to bring to the table that the T2 cannot is more magnification and the best recticle possible for a world that could be without batteries. A reticle that can work well on 1x without illumination, in conjunction with a white light, and also stretch out at 6-10x and be usable. Price isn't much of an issue. So far I'm considering:

1.) Khales K16i (SM1 reticle) or K18i (3GR reticle).

2.) Vortex Razor Gen II-E or Gen III.

3.) S&B Short Dots - maybe dual CC?

4.) Elcan 1x/4x.

If you have no batteries how do you have a "white light".

Most LPVO models that use batteries don't need them, they just illuminate the reticle in low light. So in essence, they all work well with out illumination, but they work MUCH better with it in low light. It also aides in helping you work the reticle onto target faster. Just like an RDS.

You have the CREDO, and VCOG, and accupoint which are some of the most durable LPVO out there. 

I use one of these on my Colt LE901. 

https://opticsthoughts.com/?page_id=153

It’s a pretty decent all around optic (my purpose is mostly hog hunting), the reticle is very useful, but a bit ‘busy’. That’s what happens when you try to be all things to all people. It IS pretty functional, once you get used to it. I like the concept of it, just a little busy for my tastes. 

It’s worth a look. They make 2 scopes, one is a 1-6x, the other is a 1x10x. 
I have the 1x10x...it’s a good optic, with pretty decent glass, but it’s Chinese made. 
The 1-6x is Japanese made, and it a bit better quality. If I had to buy one these two again, I’d buy the 1-6x.