Redvip2000

Ban on ordering new inventory?

Went to my local gun shop with a permit that expires in 5 days wanting to buy something. Asked him what he had available and he pointed me to 5 guns on a display, and told me that's all he had. I then asked if he could order something for me. He told me he can, but that currently they are not receiving any new inventory because of some state restrictions (?) so he wasn't sure when he would he could fulfill that order. I had not heard about this, and I asked him when he thinks it will get back to normal. He told me..."I'm not sure, maybe after the election, and also depending on who wins"...

I left somewhat puzzled, as apparently maybe I missed something.  Does anybody know of any current restriction on gun sales? Are all gun stores low on inventory?

Currently there has been a huge demand on guns and ammunition (basically anything that can be used for self defense) since March due to COVID 19. Then civil unrest in the summer and now we are days away from the Presidential election. Inventory is all messed up.

Did you ask him if he would accept a gun that You had shipped to him to do the transfer?  

If they don't do compliance work, they might not order SKUs other than 10 round SKUs. I know towards the end of the summer, many manufacturers exhausted inventory and basically have become just in time manufacturers of their entire lineups. When shit like this happens things that ship in limited quantities tend to go away. If 2/3 of their potential customer base can buy 11+ magazines, well the odds of getting 10 round SKUs in platforms that aren't compact and default to 10 round magazines becomes much, much lower.