AlDente67

Phone notication spam problem

Been receiving several dozen notifications per day on my galaxy phone from some outfit called rewardprograms, which redirects to a random source (for free junk).  I can't seem to block these because of the ever-changing source.  They come in droves every few minutes.  Any ideas on stopping them short of disabling all notifications completely (a few of which I actually want...from sources I approve)?

long press on the notification(s) and go to APP INFO or NOTIFICATIONS, if you decide to keep the app at least disable notifications and change any permissions, or I would be uninstalling whatever is doing it.

May also wanna download AVG free antivirus and at least do a scan.  If you don't lock AVG down, it will send more notifications than I like, but you can uninstall it after you're done if so inclined.

It's 100% an app causing it if it's in the notification panel. Swipe the notification from right to left slightly and click on the settings. This will bring you to the app causing it in app settings. Uninstall the app. 

17 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I would be curious what kind of app would even do something like this and delete it. 

Probably anyone that is FREE... This is what you get, you (or your data) is the product being sold after you download a FREE app.