45Doll

Set Up Your Voter Record Account and Track Your Mail In Ballot

I am putting this in the public view so everyone sees it. If you don't already know, this is how you track your mail-in ballot history in NJ. Please don't get into a politics discussion. Just register yourself and make sure your ballot was counted.

Set up your voting record account.

I recommend you use the linked tool to 'Checkout helpful hints' and get your voter ID number.  Don't use your SSN or NJDL to create your Voter Record Account. The NJDL did not identify me as a registered voter. I did not try my SSN. The Voter ID got me right in.

Once I created and logged into the account, i could see that my ballot had been mailed (and I did get it). After I turn it in I should be able to confirm it was received and counted.

Let's just deal with any questions here, and not politics.

• Informative 2

13 minutes ago, FXDX said:

got right in with voter ID, I could see my history. thanks!

want could trip someone up is if they create the account and try to get in w/o waiting & selecting  the conformation  link in the follow up email... 

That may be right. The first time I tried to login it bounced me, then let me in the second time. The confirmation email arrived a minute or two later. So everybody be aware there may be a lag time in account creation.

32 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I tried twice this week but it didn't work.

Did you acquire your Voter ID number?

On 10/22/2020 at 1:03 PM, CMJeepster said:

I tried twice this week but it didn't work.

It only works if you are a Democrat.

• Haha 1

I checked today. Our mail-in ballots are still 'Received', same as two days after we deposited them last Tuesday.

1 hour ago, CMJeepster said:

Still locked out.

First question: did you successfully confirm your voter registration and your Voter ID from here?

1 minute ago, 45Doll said:

I checked today. Our mail-in ballots are still 'Received', same as two days after we deposited them last Tuesday

From what I read elsewhere the status won’t go from “Received” to “Accepted/Rejected” until the vote is certified but if there were problems with the ballot that would cause them to be rejected they would have reached out soon after it was received. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NJRulz said:

i submitted mine a few days after i got the ballot and mine reads "Received" & "Accepted".  I should be good then (I hope)

image.png.5ebd71651b9b1979d3eec8cf7dd718f6.png

The request status on the left is your request to have a mail-in ballot sent to you.  This year the state initiated this request for everyone because Murphy said so.  The right side is their status in processing it.  That's the side that should change to a confirmation that your vote was counted. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Regular Guy said:

The request status on the left is your request to have a mail-in ballot sent to you.  This year the state initiated this request for everyone because Murphy said so.  The right side is their status in processing it.  That's the side that should change to a confirmation that your vote was counted. 

duh - correct. - sorry lol

Just now, CMJeepster said:

That was falling apart every time I tried, but now works.  Thanks for the help.

We take what we can get. You're welcome. Sorry NJ still sucks despite our votes.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kennydnj said:

I dropped mine off Monday night at the municipal building drop box. Not "received" yet. How can an election have ended and be called if they are not counted yet? I'm confused.

7 hours ago, NJRulz said:

mine still says "received" - confused myself as well.

Same.

Sounds like that 5 letter word..

Starts with F...  ends with AUD......

8 hours ago, Kennydnj said:

I dropped mine off Monday night at the municipal building drop box. Not "received" yet. How can an election have ended and be called if they are not counted yet? I'm confused.

Because NJ is so efficient, they've only counted 66% of the ballots as of right now.

9 hours ago, NJRulz said:

mine still says "received" - confused myself as well.

The website now says you won't know if they even accepted or rejected your ballot until after the election is certified. 

Pretty fucking pointless at that point. 

16 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

The website

It's just used as another data collection point in the state. Why do people fall for these scams, and give away personal information???

Here, directly from the site:

...."Due to historically high volume, ballots deposited in Secure Ballot Drop Box locations may take up to one week to show up as “Received” and Ballots sent via US Mail may take up to two weeks to show up as "Received" in the Track My Ballot tool."

On 11/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, Sniper said:

It's just used as another data collection point in the state. Why do people fall for these scams, and give away personal information???

Here, directly from the site:

...."Due to historically high volume, ballots deposited in Secure Ballot Drop Box locations may take up to one week to show up as “Received” and Ballots sent via US Mail may take up to two weeks to show up as "Received" in the Track My Ballot tool."

You mean all that information it asked for that they already had? 

There's cautious. 

There's paranoid. 

Then there's WTF?