Vasquez

How to sell firearms in NJ?

1 minute ago, Vasquez said:

If I put them up here for sell, how does the seller know that it's going into good hands and won't get tracked to me if something illegal happens with it once sold? 

Others can jump in here, but it's about the paperwork.  You will need to do a transfer at a federal firearms license dealer (FFL), which will include a background check on them.  You will also need to do a Certificate of Eligibility (for long guns) or they will need to have a permit to purchase a pistol (P2P), which requires some more background checks to be done.  ALWAYS keep a copy of the paperwork.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 2:29 PM, Vasquez said:

I have some firearms (hunting rifle, shotgun, pistol) that I would like to sell. I do not know who to call or where to sell them. Can someone provide some helpful tips, links, contacts? Thanks.

https://www.gunbroker.com the Ebay of firearms.

Take a lot of quality photos with a good description, pay the extra $2 bucks for an ungraded listing so your add appears on the first page and not Siberia.

Use a 14 day listing, set the minimum bid for the least amount you'd accept for the item with higher "buy it now" price  All which depends on what your selling. In demand items command a premium, others you may be lucky to get a bid. Tactical shot guns for example are going for crazy prices.

An advanced search in completed items will list actual sale prices.

If this too much hassle just put them on consignment somewhere and take what you can get as mentioned

On 10/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, Vasquez said:

If I put them up here for sell, how does the seller know that it's going into good hands and won't get tracked to me if something illegal happens with it once sold? 

Another advantage of Gunbroker.

The Item gets shipped to the buyers FFL of choice. The burden and responsibility is then on the FFL to make sure the transfer is completed according to the laws of the buyers state. 

Technically your "selling" it to the FLL who then transfers ownership to the buyer.

7 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Another reason to use Gunbroker.

:wacko: Thank you, "Mr. I've only been here since April"

We are a community here on NJGF. Pay your $2 for a month of Premium membership and put them up for sale here. You're going to deliver / ship them to an FFL anyway. There's no more face-to-face transactions anymore (exc for C&R, LEO to LEO, and immediate family) and besides, the only way the handguns are coming OUT of your name in W. Trenton is if another NJ resident buys them. Otherwise, the Beto Brigade will come looking for them at YOUR house during a Harris-Biden  presidency.

So let's keep them in the family here in the Glorious Peoples Republik of New Jerseystan. G-d knows we're going to need them!!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, njJoniGuy said:

:wacko: Thank you, "Mr. I've only been here since April"

We are a community here on NJGF. 

That community isn't going to get any larger if you keep up the attacks.

And in a brand new member's 7th post no less. Nice.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:29 PM, Vasquez said:

I have some firearms (hunting rifle, shotgun, pistol) that I would like to sell. I do not know who to call or where to sell them. Can someone provide some helpful tips, links, contacts? Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum. I see you go to CR to shoot, I did also for many yrs but recently moved out of state. Unless you sell to immediate family you need to go to a FFL to sell them. That sale could be to the the gun store (FFL) if they're interested and offer a fair to you price or someone else such as a forum member here who has to meet at that FFL. The dealer will do the transfer to the buyer, they (and buyer) are responsible for the paperwork/legal stuff. I know of and used two FFL's near CR,  Oakridge and Mammoth so you should not have to go too far out of the way. I encourage you to post them here first you already have a local and interested market.  Most people here will be happy to help you out:B:):