70gto

Glock 34

If you like Glocks, then you will like the G34. If you don't like other Glocks, then the G34 probably isn't the gun for you. It is the most economical of the competition guns. I have a G34 and shoot it well enough. I like the Sig P320 X5 Legion a lot more.

They're very popular as competition guns.  The grip doesn't particularly bother me, but I'm not a fan of Glock triggers.  They feel like I'd imagine a fine 1911 trigger would feel like after the internals had been coated with marshmallow fluff and sand.

I'm one of the minority of shooters who are bothered by the cycling of the 34's bigger slide.  The extra mass takes my sights farther off target, and I've never been able to get my shot-to-shot split times with a 34 to be as fast as they are with a 17...so I favor the 17, even though I'm giving up valuable sight radius.

But, there are plenty of shooters shooting much faster splits with a 34 than I do with a 17, so it's personal preference for me, not an indictment of the 34.

No I never shot a 34. Just about every other gkock I have . I switched everything over to glock gor muscle memory sake. Sights jams disassembly temperament etc.  I can appreciate other makes but I'm married to this platform. Just wondering if you guys felt if it gave you an adge all things being equal. Its the shooter I get it this is just the hammer. Thanks for the info on the split times and sight aqusition that info is important to me . Worst case I get the 34 and if I find a 17 upper than that would be awesome. 2 for 1

2 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

Simple physics says that, if set up exactly the same, you would be faster with the 17. That being said, the 34 is  the most popular gun at competitions.

The slides are reciprocating the same distance, they have the same mass, and use the same recoil spring assembly. What part of physics say the 17 will be faster for splits?

The G34 comes standard with a “-“ connector vs the standard connector in the G17. That may be a contributing factor to the difference in performance.