rauchman

Building an "Other Than"

Greetings

It's been a while since I've been on this site, but had some questions on an "Other Than" AR.

Was at RTSP in Randolph today.   Just got me some handgun permits and wanted to see what they had..some Gen 3 G17's, some tricked out Sig P320C's and 1911's.  I have a barrel for an AR I've been wanting to build up, so bought a stripped lower they had.

But....

They had a Troy A4 Other Than 10.5" barrel.  Got to fondle it a little and wow, very cool setup.  Can not believe it's NJ legal.  In talking to the sales person he mentioned that Troy also makes a 12.5" version with a non pinned muzzle device which is legally removable.

This has me now thinking of using that newly purchased lower to build an "Other Than".  I tried searching, but can't find anything that spells out specifics on what features make up an Other Than.  Was hoping I could get some info on the specifics of that definition and what I can and can't do for a build, or even if I can legally build one.

Thanks!

46 minutes ago, rauchman said:

Greetings

It's been a while since I've been on this site, but had some questions on an "Other Than" AR.

Was at RTSP in Randolph today.   Just got me some handgun permits and wanted to see what they had..some Gen 3 G17's, some tricked out Sig P320C's and 1911's.  I have a barrel for an AR I've been wanting to build up, so bought a stripped lower they had.

But....

They had a Troy A4 Other Than 10.5" barrel.  Got to fondle it a little and wow, very cool setup.  Can not believe it's NJ legal.  In talking to the sales person he mentioned that Troy also makes a 12.5" version with a non pinned muzzle device which is legally removable.

This has me now thinking of using that newly purchased lower to build an "Other Than".  I tried searching, but can't find anything that spells out specifics on what features make up an Other Than.  Was hoping I could get some info on the specifics of that definition and what I can and can't do for a build, or even if I can legally build one.

Thanks!

There is an entire subforum on this topic, check it out.

• Like 1