SgtToadette

ModLite Modbutton Lite

Snagged one of these the other day and I'm quite impressed with it. The standard Modbuttons have been total unobtainium since they launched in the middle of the pandemic, so when BigTexOutdoors dropped their exclusive "Lite" version, I snagged it up as I already have a scout mount.

The button activation is tuned nicely, being very tactile and completely silent.

ModLite claims that the switch will deliver full power to modern lights using high output 18650 rechargeable batteries (such as Surefire M600/M640, ModLite OKW/PLHv2, and Arisaka offerings).

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Surefire tape switches to compare against, but I see no reason to get one with ModLite's current offerings.

As I noted above, this is my first set up with a tape switch, so any suggestions on set up is always appreciated. Pic below of my current layout.

xmKDHcz.jpg

The Modbutton is momentary only. You can get the Surefire DS00 tailcap to give constant on via the tailcap button, but I don't have experience with it personally.

Unity Tactical, who makes the Modbutton for ModLite, makes what they call the HotButton which may be more up your alley.

I just looked at BigTexOutdoors and the HotButton is half-press for momentary and full click for constant. They have that in mlok and 1913 mounts. I almost snagged one but wanted something momentary only to play with.

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/product/hot-button-mlok-unity-tactical-for-lights-lasers/

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, SgtToadette said:

The Modbutton is momentary only. You can get the Surefire DS00 tailcap to give constant on via the tailcap button, but I don't have experience with it personally.

Unity Tactical, who makes the Modbutton for ModLite, makes what they call the HotButton which may be more up your alley.

that seems to be the way I see most of these run.