GDITurbo77

Have a question about Online Gun purchase/Transfer

So wife and I purchased our first 2 pistols from a local retailer out of his stock. We now want to get a 2nd pistol each, but the ones we are looking for, we can never seem to find anyone local selling them. A couple of the shops I've gone to say they can't order guns from the manufacturers and I just have to keep checking back daily to see what random stuff they get in that day. This could take months (or years) to find the specific ones we are looking for. Can I just go online to like gunbroker or something and buy it there and have it transferred to one of my local shops? Do I need to contact the shop first and ask them if I can have it transferred there first, or just do it? I'm not entirely sure how online gun sales works so any advice is greatly appreciated. 

34 minutes ago, GDITurbo77 said:

Can I just go online to like gunbroker or something and buy it there and have it transferred to one of my local shops?

Yes, this is exactly how it works.  You make the purchase online and then the seller transfers the handgun to your designated FFL.  When you are ready to pick it up the FFL will then do the NICS and charge you a NICS and transfer fee. Different shops/FFLs will charge different transfer fees.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YankeeSC said:

Yes, this is exactly how it works.  You make the purchase online and then the seller transfers the handgun to your designated FFL.  When you are ready to pick it up the FFL will then do the NICS and charge you a NICS and transfer fee. Different shops/FFLs will charge different transfer fees.

Yea, I called the place I bought my pistols from and he said he charges $35 for the xfer and $16 for NICS. He'll also pin the mags to make them NJ compliant for $20/per.