leo-польд

PP is it slower to get one these days?

Hi,

I am at Franklyn township, applied online for permits 15 days ago, got couple of emails from the system that both references got processed and background check is completed and now my permits are in process of local police. Since oct 17, nothing after that. Called twice there and nobody is picking their phone. Are they even working in building or remote these days? It took 10 days total in December last year, I am worry it might be something covid related that will take forever. Any news on this?

Thanks!

Woodbury PD has had my my approved permits since 9-11.  That's 51 days now!  I  have gone there twice to complain.  They are a pro 2A department, or so the say!  After my 2nd complaint I finally got a call from the detective who said they are flooded with permit requests and that my paperwork was approved on 10-10 and they have been sitting on the Chief's desk in a big pile just waiting for his signature!

This is bullshit!:mad:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Woodbury PD has had my my approved permits since 9-11.  That's 51 days now!  I  have gone there twice to complain.  They are a pro 2A department, or so the say!  After my 2nd complaint I finally got a call from the detective who said they are flooded with permit requests and that my paperwork was approved on 10-10 and they have been sitting on the Chief's desk in a big pile just waiting for his signature!

This is bullshit!:mad:

Thanks, what was your normal wait time before all this covid cra..?

My wife knows lots of people through her job.  Perhaps she knows the Chief's wife or daughter and had them hold back my permits!    I would not put it past her!  She thinks I have way too many guns now and I don't need anymore. 

I told her I still need a Luger P08, a Wildey and an AMT Automag.  Then I will stop buying guns!:lol:

1 hour ago, Zabuca said:

I’m in Hudson county. Took me about 40 days. New best record for me. 

And what was before covid time?

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

My wife knows lots of people through her job.  Perhaps she knows the Chief's wife or daughter and had them hold back my permits!    I would not put it past her!  She thinks I have way too many guns now and I don't need anymore. 

I told her I still need a Luger P08, a Wildey and an AMT Automag.  Then I will stop buying guns!:lol:

Tell me about too many guns :) I got nice Berrtta 92x performance and it is already waiting for me in my FFL :( I need permit!

I live where the NJSP provide law enforcement 

Filled the application Sept 8 2020.

Received the following on Oct 16, 2020 

Your application for a New Jersey Firearm Purchaser Identification Card and/or Permit to Purchase a Handgun(s) has been approved by the issuing authority. 

Nov 5   Still waiting for NJSP to print the permits 

Since the start of the application to today Nov 5 - 58 days and waiting

11 hours ago, Kdin1 said:

Your application for a New Jersey Firearm Purchaser Identification Card and/or Permit to Purchase a Handgun(s) has been approved by the issuing authority. 

That is crazy.

5 hours ago, leo-польд said:

I got response from police via email today ( Nov 6): "I am working on end of Aug permits now, so you are looking for another 2-3 month of waiting, I am at highest processing speed....". So, they are overloaded with tons of work, it is sad.

That’s ridiculous.  Taking forever for my NICS right now.

I haven't had to apply for permits this year, and I've been inclined to be irritated at the wait times even pre-Covid.

The only thing I can say in defense of (some) LE's processing is that I know for a fact the application rate up here in Sussex County is on track to be QUADROUPLE what it was last year. And if Biden wins it's not going to slow down any.

Burlington County, South Jersey. We deal with State Police. 30 days pre covid. I'm 6 weeks in now and waiting. I did a change of address on my FID 3 years ago when Murphy first got in. That took 6 months just for change of address. I wrote Senator MacArthur and 3 days after emailing him they called me to tell me my card was in. Coincidence, maybe.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:27 PM, Kdin1 said:

Well just an update still waiting only been

83 days since start of application

44 days since being approved 

for the permits

Hope by Christmas   please Santa   

11 minutes ago, Kdin1 said:

Lots of delays are being BLAMED on corvid 19 virus. Not sure that truly correct here at all.

All NJSP has to do is print the permits 44 days and counting.  

My Township (Hopewell, Mercer) back in May was up about 300% in FPID and permit applications (excluding Bob).