3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Pandemic, elections, and gearing up for CW2. You’re late to the party. 

Well I do have 5 50mm cases full of 9mm right now and 6 50mm cases of 556. Can never have too much ammo, because one day won't be able at all.

30 minutes ago, MichaelDiggs said:

Well I do have 5 50mm cases full of 9mm right now and 6 50mm cases of 556. Can never have too much ammo, because one day won't be able at all.

gun rights, ammo included, is a right and you will always be able to get.  the challenge is how much and how many hoops the left tries to impose.  With the new court, my guess we'll see a lot of 2A cases hit the courts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

gun rights, ammo included, is a right and you will always be able to get.  the challenge is how much and how many hoops the left tries to impose.  With the new court, my guess we'll see a lot of 2A cases hit the courts

Then you get states like California that went the route to try and limit ammo purchases with background checks, not allowing cross border and online sales, etc. If they can't restrict the "hardware" purchase, they're try to restrict the "food" to feed them.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Then you get states like California that went the route to try and limit ammo purchases with background checks, not allowing cross border and online sales, etc. If they can't restrict the "hardware" purchase, they're try to restrict the "food" to feed them.

Yup but sc already ruled 2x on this , 1800s and 1900s...ammo is protected. Let it go sc baby

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ha... I'm right there with you...

Maybe even make it a deal, at $199.  :xD:

lol..true   

I can see it though, 22lr is the redhead stepchild in calibers despite it's popularity.  If I can still shoot with the kids for 200/1k vs 6-700/1k 5.56, it's a no brainer.  I do shoot a lot of 22lr with the boys, everytime we go it's 500-1k rounds of all day fun.  I'd wager we'll see demand for 22lr pick up as more people try to cheapen their training etc..

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

it's insane

but I'll tell you what, I'll gladly sell 1k lots of 22lr for 200

If you did not learn after 2012 - I then have no sympathy for those actual gunowners (that are not new today) - for the predicament that they are in for lack of ammo and or reloading supplies - and are complaining and/or scrounging.

What were you thinking and what were you expecting.......?  :facepalm:

I just sold this weekend 200Round of 9mm Ball for $200.00 - yes a dollar a round to a guy I know.

I also gave 100 rounds to a new shooter that just bought an S&W.

The guy who paid, asked me why did the other guy get a free 100 rounds and I paid - I said - you should have known better and he is new.

Let this time be another learning experience again - how many do you think are going to pay attention??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

If you did not learn after 2012 - I then have no sympathy for those actual gunowners (that are not new today) - for the predicament that they are in for lack of ammo and or reloading supplies - and are complaining and/or scrounging.

What were you thinking and what were you expecting.......?  :facepalm:

I just sold this weekend 200Round of 9mm Ball for $200.00 - yes a dollar a round to a guy I know.

I also gave 100 rounds to a new shooter that just bought an S&W.

The guy who paid, asked me why did the other guy get a free 100 rounds and I paid - I said - you should have known better and he is new.

Let this time be another learning experience again - how many do you think are going to pay attention??

don't disagree with you and good on you for helping a new shooter.  I try to do my part as well.  I have friends who's kids are starting to shoot so I share the 22lr wealth

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

now seeing 357 at 1/round.  wow

I wonder how high these prices will go

If it looks like Trump's not going to be successful with his overturn of the election, seeing prices DOUBLE from this point, isn't out of reach, I would guess.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

scary thought at 2x current pricing

They do *NOT* have to essentially ban the firearm - they can make them expensive clubs - tax the ammo, make the ammo hard to get - make it so cost prohibitive you will cause shooting to be generationally a moot point.

Some smart ass once said this on this forum a long time ago - want to get rid of guns - target the ammo.  It is coming true.

Think of this like the war on big tobacco - how did they win and continue to win?

- Cost - only the most diehard (no pun intended) smokers will pay the vig to keep smoing

- Taboo - re-education of the youth - make shooting seem not acceptable - just like they dig with tobacco

- Legislation - you do not need to go to outright bans, they take it step by step to make the exercise of that right harder and harder with more and more hurdles and locations to shoot.  Target ranges with zoning ordinances...  no place to shoot....  harder and harder to find a place to smoke without being ridiculed..

etc.

We are the last of a dying breed - and unless we get off our asses, and educate the youth - we lose.

The very losses we are experiencing today are the faults of those 30-40-50yrs ago to ingrain, the right of the people to keep and bear arms in the minds of the youth.......

" If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for ten years plant trees. If your plan is for one hundred years educate children. ”

5 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

We are the last of a dying breed - and unless we get off our asses, and educate the youth - we lose.

I've done my part for the next generation. I've made sure to take my two sons (and son-in-law) to the range and get them proficient in shooting. Plus, they both have their FID cards and have started to "collect". Youngest son is in the final stages of being hired by Customs and Border Protection. We'll be well protected in this family! :good:

• Like 2

So I just ran anther check on TSUSA.

No stock at all on 9mm, .380, .45ACP, 10mm, .357, .38 Special and .44 Magnum.

Two varieties of .40 S&W starting at $1.25/round, and one flavor of .357 Sig at $1.10/round.

Remember the Dust Bowl of the 1930s? This is the Ammo Bowl of 2020s.