3 hours ago, leo-польд said:

Forget about Nov price, look now! It is craziest time I ever saw in ammo and guns, get what you can and prepare for couple of years of disaster! 

Thats what I've bee saying. In 3 4 months, people will wish they bought today

I've been having a hell of a time finding any online retailer who sells 12 gauge buckshot or slugs.  I just need them for a gun safety class!  (I'm a brand new gun owner.)  My class isn't until the end of February but I'd like to get the ammo sooner than later.  Everyone only seems to have birdshot in stock.  I AIN'T TRYNA SHOOT NO TURKEYS OR WATERFOUL!  Maybe someday.

My local shop doesn't have anything in 12 gauge and I'm not sure about any others in my area.  I wouldn't know where to look!  I'm around Spotswood.  I'm willing to drive up to 45 minutes away on a weekend, preferably south rather than north.

7 hours ago, fihe said:

I've been having a hell of a time finding any online retailer who sells 12 gauge buckshot or slugs.  I just need them for a gun safety class!  (I'm a brand new gun owner.)  My class isn't until the end of February but I'd like to get the ammo sooner than later.  Everyone only seems to have birdshot in stock.  I AIN'T TRYNA SHOOT NO TURKEYS OR WATERFOUL!  Maybe someday.

My local shop doesn't have anything in 12 gauge and I'm not sure about any others in my area.  I wouldn't know where to look!  I'm around Spotswood.  I'm willing to drive up to 45 minutes away on a weekend, preferably south rather than north.

PM sent.

17 hours ago, fihe said:

Would this help?

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/q4k7tkftdzrrlim/AAC3oIhv7g2b2TnDMhENQNfUa

3 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

yup, imagine that $hit steel cased ammo for 750 plus tax and shipping.  wow.

I think that's called desperation.

19 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

So i'm guessing  $ 900.00 is the going rate for 1k of  brass case  223 now. 

That's what I'm seeing too.  If I needed the money, it really makes it very tempting to sell some.

15 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

22lr is .35-.34/rd depending on where you buy.

I've got some 325 bricks sitting here as anchors and taking up space... hmmmmm..

I don't know why anyone is surprised at 22lr.  Remember how many people train with 22lr when 223 gets rich.  It's still a far cheaper range trip than other common calibers.  I don't think we saw higher than this during Sandy Hook however,

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I don't think we saw higher than this during Sandy Hook however,

IIRC, after SH, 22lr held around 12-16cpr in mainstream retail channels, but occasionally could still be found at national retailers like Cabelas for 7-9cpr at the peak of the shortage. I believe the most I ever paid for 22lr was 15cpr for 300rd packs of Swamp People that I got from a Podunk outfit with a fancy website.  GB was averaging $100+ for a brick.

Interestingly, 22lr had a higher % increase than even green tip.  22 neared quadruple while M855 doubled.

19 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

IIRC, after SH, 22lr held around 12-16cpr in mainstream retail channels, but occasionally could still be found at national retailers like Cabelas for 7-9cpr at the peak of the shortage. I believe the most I ever paid for 22lr was 15cpr for 300rd packs of Swamp People that I got from a Podunk outfit with a fancy website.  GB was averaging $100+ for a brick.

Interestingly, 22lr had a higher % increase than even green tip.  22 neared quadruple while M855 doubled.

more people shoot it and it's a great caliber to train on your AR with.   I am surprised at how high it's gotten but I get the demand

2 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

more people shoot it and it's a great caliber to train on your AR with.   I am surprised at how high it's gotten but I get the demand

Last March when the shit hit the fan. It was the only caliber I stocked up on as inventories were ravaged. 2 cases at 200bucks a pop shipped lol I remember 2012 far to well, and as long as I can buy bullet heads I won't run low on anything else. I was gonna sell some, but now I'm hoarding everything. 

5 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Last March when the shit hit the fan. It was the only caliber I stocked up on as inventories were ravaged. 2 cases at 200bucks a pop shipped lol I remember 2012 far to well, and as long as I can buy bullet heads I won't run low on anything else. I was gonna sell some, but now I'm hoarding everything. 

I agree, prices are going much higher so it doesn't make sense to sell into a lower mkt if you are going to sell.

5.56 to $1/rd will be cheap in 6mos

308 to $2/rd

9, 38, 357 to the moon

22lr is anyone's guess