22 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I agree, prices are going much higher so it doesn't make sense to sell into a lower mkt if you are going to sell.

5.56 to $1/rd will be cheap in 6mos

308 to $2/rd

9, 38, 357 to the moon

22lr is anyone's guess

"9, 38, 357 to the moon"

I just saw a link from Cheaper Than Dirt advertising Winchester white box for a "sale" price of $2/round.

Yup.  $100 for a box of 50.

It will get worse before it gets better...

Just now, 124gr9mm said:

"9, 38, 357 to the moon"

I just saw a link from Cheaper Than Dirt advertising Winchester white box for a "sale" price of $2/round.

Yup.  $100 for a box of 50.

It will get worse before it gets better...

well I won't use them but that is just insane.  That is higher than anything I'm seeing for 9 right now and by a wide margin.

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

well I won't use them but that is just insane.  That is higher than anything I'm seeing for 9 right now and by a wide margin.

I agree.

They're well above the current (insane) market, but I bet it will sell...

Just now, NJSigfan said:

that's insanity....

wonder if we can get the buyers names...maybe we can sell them a bridge to.   you just can't fix stupid

I'd agree normally but when looking at a prolonged drought for people who bought guns and no ammo, what do you expect to happen?  Gun prices will come down, great discussion on various boards now with examples of how it's leveled off.  If people can't get ammo, why buy more guns?  Plus the gun mkt just went nuts. for too long.

ammo is where the issue is.  You have a choice, pay membership dues and have guns but don't shoot or pay through the nose because you didn't stock up.

I'm telling you right now, despite it's appreciation in price, 22lr is the best deal in the market if you want to shoot

On 1/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, RUTGERS95 said:

I agree, prices are going much higher so it doesn't make sense to sell into a lower mkt if you are going to sell.

5.56 to $1/rd will be cheap in 6mos

308 to $2/rd

9, 38, 357 to the moon

22lr is anyone's guess

Well, I got lucky this weekend.  I bought 200 rounds of .357 158gr FMJ at $27.50 a box (50 rounds).  The counter guy wasn't going to do it but I was taking a class there so supervisor allowed the sale.  I'm glad I wasn't too greedy.:yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t need anything really but I was checking prices this morning. 38 special is averaging $2 a round FMJ, 357 mag is all over the place from $2 - $8 per round :unsure:

9mm and 45acp prices (when you can find them) are just crazy. $1.50 and up a round for 9mm and $2 and up a round for 45 acp. 

Even the off calibers like 41 mag and 32 acp are starting to get some wacky pricing.

Anyone just getting into it now is in for a shock...

-Jim

39 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

I don’t need anything really but I was checking prices this morning. 38 special is averaging $2 a round FMJ, 357 mag is all over the place from $2 - $8 per round :unsure:

9mm and 45acp prices (when you can find them) are just crazy. $1.50 and up a round for 9mm and $2 and up a round for 45 acp. 

Even the off calibers like 41 mag and 32 acp are starting to get some wacky pricing.

-Jim

I better raise my prices then:)

1 hour ago, JimB1 said:

-Jim

Im seeing prices for 9mm at 72 cents online. Heritage guild in pa is selling boxes for like 22 but its usually just 1 box. 

I just checked ammo seek for new brass case 9mm, and pricing started at .65 and about 12 vendors were still under .80/round.

Then I searched on .38 S&W, went to select grain weight, and saw something I've never seen before on ammo seek: NONE IN STOCK!

Ammo seek couldn't find any .38 S&W at any price. Wow! .38 Special started at $1.56!

As every month goes by, I continue to look smarter. I'm somewhere close to genius at this point!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I just checked ammo seek for new brass case 9mm, and pricing started at .65 and about 12 vendors were still under .80/round.

Then I searched on .38 S&W, went to select grain weight, and saw something I've never seen before on ammo seek: NONE IN STOCK!

Ammo seek couldn't find any .38 S&W at any price. Wow! .38 Special started at $1.56!

As every month goes by, I continue to look smarter. I'm somewhere close to genius at this point!

that's before tax and shipping, don't forget that.  I also have gone to vendors to see and some out of stock or charging crazy shipping.

2 minutes ago, Cheflife15 said:

Yeah target sports has become useless. Theyre consistently sold out. How long are you guys predicting this will be like this? 

2023-2024 based on commentary from ammo sources

buy it if it's available as the prices will continue to rise.

my prediction, all things being equal as things stabilize;

9mm avg $1/rd

5.56 avg $1.35/rd

38/357 avg $1.50/rd

308 is intriguing because prices are all over so will depend.  I'll sell some fgmm when it's $3/rd which is not too far off

22lr will go over $100/brick of 500 for lead nose....watch

• Like 1