I’ve been doing laser training more lately too. I can probably stretch my ammo supplies/budget with more with laser/dryfire training and more focused live fire training to use less ammo for training while still keeping/working on skills.

At least that’s my plan

-Jim

4 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

2023-2024 based on commentary from ammo sources

buy it if it's available as the prices will continue to rise.

my prediction, all things being equal as things stabilize;

9mm avg $1/rd

5.56 avg $1.35/rd

38/357 avg $1.50/rd

308 is intriguing because prices are all over so will depend.  I'll sell some fgmm when it's $3/rd which is not too far off

22lr will go over $100/brick of 500 for lead nose....watch

Already is !

4 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

I don’t know much about stock trading.  But ill tell you this. If trump were to run again in 2024.  And win.  I shore as hell would do that short selling thing on physical ammo.   :D  hedge the bet or whatever its called. 

Ha... I've said it before, lead and brass is the new PMs... gold and silver are pushed out. My existing ammo has climbed between 300% - 400% over what I paid for it. Tough to find a stock that has done that (except GameStop).

• Like 1

I was in a Walmart in MD today and the only thing on the ammo shelf was 8 boxes of 12 gauge target for 5.40 each.  Needless to say they are mine now. 

It's a sad state of affairs when scoring 8 boxes of skeet rounds makes you feel like you won the lottery. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I think we see .30/rd soon to be honest

I know I will end up kicking myself for not selling some of my ammo!  I don't really need the money and I can't replace my ammo if for some crazy reason it NEVER comes back!

I do know there is a point where I may sell some 9mm, .40, .45, .223 etc since I can reload all those! The .22s, I just don't know, I can't seem to find reloading dies for that caliber yet!

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyB said:

I know I will end up kicking myself for not selling some of my ammo!  I don't really need the money and I can't replace my ammo if for some crazy reason it NEVER comes back!

I do know there is a point where I may sell some 9mm, .40, .45, .223 etc since I can reload all those! The .22s, I just don't know, I can't seem to find reloading dies for that caliber yet!

I wish I had gotten into reloading a few years ago.  I have lots of brass but I do have sufficient quantities of ammo.  I can ride out for a long time at normal shooting patterns. 

but you can never have too much ammo

I'll never shoot the 22lr I have and nor will my sons...lol  I can sell some at 20-30/rd

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I wish I had gotten into reloading a few years ago.  I have lots of brass but I do have sufficient quantities of ammo.  I can ride out for a long time at normal shooting patterns. 

but you can never have too much ammo

If you have the brass, all you need is equipment, powder, bullets and primers.  The primers are the toughest to find but it can be done.

In other words, it's never too late to to start reloading.....The sooner the better!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I'm in that same place. I don't need the money, but looking at current prices, it's really tempting to get a hell of a ROI on current inventory....  But when will it all calm down, so we can resupply at realistic prices??  Who knows...

If we only had a crystal ball...

18 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

I'll never shoot the 22lr I have and nor will my sons...lol  I can sell some at 20-30/rd

I don't think I will either... I counted what I had, and sometimes thinking, does this stuff reproduce in the closet when I'm not looking..  :scratchhead:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I know I will end up kicking myself for not selling some of my ammo!

Selling ammo you bought to shoot is like selling Mountain House emergency food rations you intended to eat, maybe, some day.  Now, if you stocked up when prices were good in anticipation of the next panic (there's always a next panic) to take advantage of some exploitative capitalism, then by all means, sell the shit out of that ammo.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Okay!  I will offer 5K CCI SPPs for a .22LR reloading die set! :lol:

The dies aren't the problem.  Nor the bullets.   Dies and molds can be made by any competent machine shop.

Priming the cases, on the other hand...

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, 10X said:

...Priming the cases, on the other hand...

Speaking of which, during the Obozo years, I spent a huge amount of time reloading. I began to save my spent centerfire primers instead of either throwing them away or adding them to my scrap brass buckets.

I've kept them zip-lok bagged by type (SP, LP, SR) and also have most of the same-size anvils for them.

Now what we need is some very smart RHIoT chemist to whip up liquid priming compound in order to recharge these babies.

As someone once said, "War waits for no man."

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Speaking of which, during the Obozo years, I spent a huge amount of time reloading. I began to save my spent centerfire primers instead of either throwing them away or adding them to my scrap brass buckets.

I've kept them zip-lok bagged by type (SP, LP, SR) and also have most of the same-size anvils for them.

Now what we need is some very smart RHIoT chemist to whip up liquid priming compound in order to recharge these babies.

It's doable, if you can get the starting materials, but you'd be working with things that are frighteningly toxic, as well as shock-, heat-, and friction-sensitive.   I think trying to turn it into a cottage industry would make the safety record of trailer park meth labs look extremely good by comparison.   And I can't imagine trying to reload primers, starting with a crushed cup and separate anvil.   But, desperate times, and all that.

Now, if you want to go all the way back to a flintlock or matchlock with homemade black powder, that's comparatively simple...though getting homemade black powder up to commercial standards still takes some effort.

I’ve seen the primer lines at Lake City and that’s honestly some scary shit. But lately I’ve seen videos on YT about dudes refilling primers with matchheads.

Probably not all that safe but might be an amusing way to spend an otherwise boring afternoon :crazy:

I re-bought a gun last week just because it came with ammo.

It's a RIA 1911 in .38 Super.  I bought it years ago for $400 and sold it through my FFL last year for $450.  The buyer needed cash and brought it back to the FFL to sell.  I paid $550 for it the second time, but the kicker is it came with 700 rounds of ammo and 2 additional mags.  The last thing I needed was another 1911 but for the price I couldn't let it sit there.  The ammo was worth more than the gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1