Riderdrumr

Buy 1911 before or after 11/3?

Looking at a couple "inexpensive" 1911s on gunbroker. Somewhere between $500-750. Remington R1, Rock Island, Sig Nitron, Kimber, etc... I understand I am paying a bit more than the market was a year or two ago, but I am fearful it could go up again after the election. So, is it a reasonable bet that the prices could go down??  Or is it more likely the prices will climb?

Thanks for your expert speculation!

3 hours ago, Riderdrumr said:

Looking at a couple "inexpensive" 1911s on gunbroker. Somewhere between $500-750. Remington R1, Rock Island, Sig Nitron, Kimber, etc... I understand I am paying a bit more than the market was a year or two ago, but I am fearful it could go up again after the election. So, is it a reasonable bet that the prices could go down??  Or is it more likely the prices will climb?

Thanks for your expert speculation!

If your buying now...where have you been...talk about late to the party

On 11/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, Riderdrumr said:

Just did. Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911 for less $ than I would've expected. :D

Good call IMO.

Even if Trump wins I think it will take the market a while to get back towards "normal".

IMO if Trump wins it will be another full year before things stabilize.  At that point the panic-buyers will start looking to sell off the guns they never fired and we'll be able to buy again.

The party will be over in 4 years as the pendulum typically swings back to the democrat side, so in another 2 years you should plan to stock deeply on whatever you need to weather the next storm.

13 hours ago, Ryu said:

kygunco has kimbers on sale

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I made the right choice, but I love those SS Kimbers and the price is right.

12 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Good call IMO.

Even if Trump wins I think it will take the market a while to get back towards "normal".

IMO if Trump wins it will be another full year before things stabilize.  At that point the panic-buyers will start looking to sell off the guns they never fired and we'll be able to buy again.

The party will be over in 4 years as the pendulum typically swings back to the democrat side, so in another 2 years you should plan to stock deeply on whatever you need to weather the next storm.

Not looking too good right now as of 11am on 11/4. :unsure: