antiriad

What do you think will change with the Harris/Biden Administration?

What do you think will change with the Harris/Biden Admin for us in NJ when it comes to gun laws?

The only thing I can think of now is that we will probably see an enormous national ammo shortage for the next 1-2 years. Do you think they might pass any drastic federal gun laws that could make the ownership of guns/ammo expensive?

What are the failsafes we have for the 2nd Amendment?

I think they initially will try to introduce a "peaceful" gun bayback program before they try to enforce anything.

Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, antiriad said:

What do you think will change with the Harris/Biden Admin for us in NJ when it comes to gun laws?

The 2nd Amendment is the failsafe.  

But if there is a new administration, I think there will be more cases headed to the Supreme Court than in the past, both because of changes pushed through at the federal level, and at the state level by states emboldened by what they think is a mandate to pursue their liberal agenda.

Depends on the senate. If that falls then they will nix the filibuster, amend the Judiciary Act, then stack the court. If that happens then you can forget any challenge of NJ laws (or any other state’s).   So no rolling back of current laws and open season on everything they’ve proposed over the last 10 years.  Online ammo ban, 1-feature/AWB, etc. 

• Informative 2

10 minutes ago, antiriad said:

The only thing I can think of now is that we will probably see an enormous national ammo shortage for the next 1-2 years. Do you think they might pass any drastic federal gun laws that could make the ownership of guns/ammo expensive?

I think they initially will try to introduce a "peaceful" gun bayback program before they try to enforce anything.

Thoughts?

What will happen? A 2A Armageddon. Harris is the one calling the shots anyway so she will pursue here historically established gun grab with a vengeance 

• Informative 1

Nothing is going to happen, per se.

As long as the Senate holds, nothing is going to happen at all as was said by @voyager9

Having Trump in or not is not the power - the Senate is - pray that holds....*that* is where we should have been focusing.

Ok so Harris/Biden get in - ok - Assuming they work to pass laws - go ahead - and they pass - pass em. good for you.

So the law is written - what does that actually mean?  They will be paper tigers.....

They neither have the will, the manpower, or the where with all, to go door to door to collect firearms.

Then as the winds of politics change things will be rolled back or sunset etc.

To this day there are still stories of M1Carbines in the state of NJ - what does that tell you?

People might not be taking them to the range - but the reason why *they* have them is not to shoot at a range....

• Agree 1

I'm starting a new business. Underground waterproof gun storage cabinets.... I'll be rich...

I missed the boat not getting a container of masks back in January, I ain't missing out twice!!

1 hour ago, antiriad said:

He's already stated it, right on his web site here:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

1 hour ago, antiriad said:

Thoughts?

Here's what he/she wants to do...

(I was about a minute behind!!)  :-)

3 hours ago, charbs1985 said:

What will happen? A 2A Armageddon. Harris is the one calling the shots anyway so she will pursue here historically established gun grab with a vengeance 

"Common sense gun control laws" including red flag laws so your guns can be taken away without any evidence. 

Attempt to add AR/AK firearms & "high capacity" magazines to the NFA registry. A precursor to "mandatory buy backs/confiscation" ala the Nazis in the 30's, Australia in the 90's, and New Zealand in 2019 & 2020.

Wait for the next tragedy then chip away at 2A rights. Wait a few years and say that the changes  didn't help "gun violence". Create more resteictions. Repeat until confiscation. 

While as long as we hold the senate we should be okay, it's only a matter of time until the far left "progressive" wing of the Democrat party takes over and politicians start passing their agendas to keep their power and the gravy train of cash from D.C. politics. 

One important change will be a new Solicitor General who presents and argues the government's position on all cases before the Supreme Court.  While the current SG has been largely supportive of gun rights, we should now expect a new SG to be arguing against cert in gun cases; advocating for intermediate vs. strict scrutiny and otherwise playing to the liberal wing of SCOTUS regardless of whether the Republicans hold onto the Senate.

5 hours ago, antiriad said:

Nothing!  There will never be a Biden - Harris Admin!  Trump will win this in the end. The cheaters can't win!

• Like 6
  • FacePalm 2

6 hours ago, Sniper said:

I'm starting a new business. Underground waterproof gun storage cabinets.... I'll be rich...

I missed the boat not getting a container of masks back in January, I ain't missing out twice!!

He's already stated it, right on his web site here:

And when Republicans win in 2024, you can start up "Underground Waterproof Gun Storage Cabinet Recovery Systems LLC"

• Haha 1

As others have said, the Senate will shit can any gun control coming out of the house. Expect Biden/Harris to go the executive order route. These will hopefully be squashed in the federal courts. I do also recall Biden saying he will appoint Beto O'Rourke as his gun violence czar. If you dont remember, Beto is on video stating "Hell Yes, we are going to TAKE your AR-15". The dems are a dangerous anti constitutional party! 

• Agree 1

I am more worried about the "online ban" of Guns, Ammunation and "Gun Parts". This will put out of business many small indy manufacturers and online gun stores. 

Confiscation is the last resort but honestly I think Biden will take 1-1.5 years to wake up. But not so his handlers.

3 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Nothing!  There will never be a Biden - Harris Admin!  Trump will win this in the end. The cheaters can't win!

Cheaters ALWAYS win...don't be deluded brother....

If your fighting FAIR ur gonna lose    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

If you are at a point you think you have to lose guns in a boating accident...or bury them...THAT us the very time you need them !!!...

Some people respond differently to perceived fear of a hidden boogieman.

37 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Some people respond differently to perceived fear of a hidden boogieman.

Some perceptions are not always reality.......

Yet, reality can be perceived and understood...if you pay attention...

Just now, JohnnyB said:

download.jpg

Your freaking out over nothing....  the NYPD were lucky to hold the brooklyn bridge.....

Calm down..this has been going on longer than i have been alive....

Are you finally WOKE.....?

the-matrix.jpg

On 11/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, njJoniGuy said:

We and our firearms will not go quietly, like Jews into boxcars.

Many Jews did fight back but couldn't get enough firearms. The most famous case was the Warsaw ghetto uprising. Jewish resistance held off the Nazis for 6 weeks even though they were outgunned by Tanks. These lessons learned are fundamental to why the 2nd amendment is so important.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

As Zelig said when Jews had access to weapons they did fight back. Read the book "Gun control in the third Reich-disarming of the Jews and other undesirables" by author Steven P Halbrook. It's an accurate study of the gun control laws in Germany from the treaty of Versailles, through the Weimar republic and finally to the rise and fall of Nazi Germany. It's one of my favorite books and accurately breaks down what happens over decades of incremental gun control which eventually leads to outright confiscation. Compliance is our worst enemy, too many of us rushed to destroy or modify our 15rd mags when knucklehead murphy signed the ban into law. I will not spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder worrying when some woke cop(s) will show up to take my guns and neither should of any of you.   grow a pair...

• Like 5

So worst case in the Senate will be 50/50.  I hope for R wins in one or both GA runoffs, but if not it'll be 50/50 with Kamala as the tiebreaker.

So what are the odds they can get all 50 Democrat senators to vote for any 2A restrictions? For example, Bob Casey (D-PA) would probably oppose most gun control, with the exception of mag limits.

Same goes for expanding the SC (which would affect 2A rulings). Don't you think there are a few Democrat senators that would oppose?

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, leahcim said:

So worst case in the Senate will be 50/50.  I hope for R wins in one or both GA runoffs, but if not it'll be 50/50 with Kamala as the tiebreaker.

So what are the odds they can get all 50 Democrat senators to vote for any 2A restrictions? For example, Bob Casey (D-PA) would probably oppose most gun control, with the exception of mag limits.

Same goes for expanding the SC (which would affect 2A rulings). Don't you think there are a few Democrat senators that would oppose?

At this point in time I would not trust nor put anything past ANY democrat!

Note:  The lower case d in democrat was on purpose since I am currently pissed at them!

12 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

At this point in time I would not trust nor put anything past ANY democrat!

Note:  The lower case d in democrat was on purpose since I am currently pissed at them!

That is my fear, Democrats seem to be better at keeping everyone in line, but I think this is often top-down and I don't see the Harris/Biden administration being real good at keeping them in line like with Obamacare (and that was pretty difficult for them too)