antiriad

What do you think will change with the Harris/Biden Administration?

On 11/6/2020 at 3:47 PM, JohnnyB said:

Nothing!  There will never be a Biden - Harris Admin!  Trump will win this in the end. The cheaters can't win!

I consider the facepalms from geekLa and AVB-AMG as a badge of honor since they support an act of unconstitutional TREASON upon our great nation and they have no honor!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, leahcim said:

So worst case in the Senate will be 50/50.  I hope for R wins in one or both GA runoffs, but if not it'll be 50/50 with Kamala as the tiebreaker.

If that happens, then I believe Chucky Schumer becomes the Majority Leader in the Senate, and Mitch steps down... :hang:

How's that?

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I consider the facepalms from geekLa and AVB-AMG as a badge of honor since they support an act of unconstitutional TREASON upon our great nation and they have no honor!

What about facepalms from JohnnyB, what do they support?  :scratchhead:

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

If that happens, then I believe Chucky Schumer becomes the Majority Leader in the Senate, and Mitch steps down... :hang:

How's that?

Yeah if course, but they still won't have the votes to enact much more than mag limits. And unlikely they will be able to expand the Court either.

And here is Joe Manchin committing to no support for court packing or changes to filibuster rules.  Although he may support some Democrat positions on firearms

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-joe-manchin-if-democrats-win-senate-i-wont-support-crazy-stuff-like-court-packing.amp

34 minutes ago, leahcim said:

And here is Joe Manchin committing to no support for court packing or changes to filibuster rules.  Although he may support some Democrat positions on firearms

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-joe-manchin-if-democrats-win-senate-i-wont-support-crazy-stuff-like-court-packing.amp

Lets see what Manchin does/says when his state gets threatened with loosing its share of pork pie if he doesn't tow the party line. But I do like and almost find encouraging that he said that in a 50/50 Senete one democrat dissension blows off the VP tie breaker

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, siderman said:

Lets see what Manchin does/says when his state gets threatened with loosing its share of pork pie if he doesn't tow the party line. But I do like and almost find encouraging that he said that in a 50/50 Senete one democrat dissension blows off the VP tie breaker

Agreed, we'll see if he decides to sell out or stick with principles that got him elected.

And he is not the only D who would oppose these illiberal, Marxist ideas like SCOTUS expansion and gun control.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leahcim said:

I saw that interview. Manchin is a fraud. In one breath, he says he doesn't support court packing, and voted for Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, but then in another breath, he didn't vote for Barrett.

His reason, it was too close to the election. Really? The Constitution says they need to vote for a new judge if a vacancy becomes available. There is no reference to a timeline in the Constitution.

Manchin is just another party hack, that sways with the wind.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Manchin is just another party hack, that sways with the wind.

We'll see.  Talk is cheap, but at least he went on the record with this. A reversal could mean losing next election in WV.  And I am an optimist.

On 11/6/2020 at 10:22 AM, USRifle30Cal said:

Nothing is going to happen, per se.

As long as the Senate holds, nothing is going to happen at all as was said by @voyager9

Having Trump in or not is not the power - the Senate is - pray that holds....*that* is where we should have been focusing.

Ok so Harris/Biden get in - ok - Assuming they work to pass laws - go ahead - and they pass - pass em. good for you.

So the law is written - what does that actually mean?  They will be paper tigers.....

They neither have the will, the manpower, or the where with all, to go door to door to collect firearms.

Then as the winds of politics change things will be rolled back or sunset etc.

To this day there are still stories of M1Carbines in the state of NJ - what does that tell you?

People might not be taking them to the range - but the reason why *they* have them is not to shoot at a range....

true....but will the avg joe still take their newly illegal firearm to the range for practice?

52 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

true....but will the avg joe still take their newly illegal firearm to the range for practice?

They would be fools if they did - but, what practice do they *really* do in NJ, that cannot be done with a dry weapon.

Let's be realistic here...

Are we running and gunning at Cherry Ridge, Range 14 etc. - no, no we are not.

The extent of practice I see at CR, is guys with uber tricked out AR's, sitting at a bench whacking steel and thinking they are all tacticool.

I bet you put them behind an iron sight and they would not even know how to adjust it......

The are not practicing shooting with a sling, prone, sitting, kneeling - or even standing offhand...  

Sitting at a bench and whap whap whap - so much for practice.

Are they practicing shooting in and around barriers?  Are they practicing light loads and mag changes? - Are they practicing FTF/FTE? No, no they are not.

So the argument about practice, from a pure marksmanship and or use perspective, whether the gun is eventually outlawed or now, is still not being met.  

Last I checked, if you are unlucky enough or happen to find yourself on the two way range, I can assure you a nice comfy bench is not going to be setup for you to sit at and engage targets at a known distance of 100yds........  :)

What are you going to do?  And do not answer it - because there is a very real chance they CAN AND WILL outlaw, if capable, the AR/AK etc. type rifles.  Ok so they outlaw them - do you think they are going to go to Joe blows house on a search and destroy mission to collect arms...? 

I think if that starts then we all have MUCH MUCH more to worry about, other than the gun being illegal.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

They would be fools if they did - but, what practice do they *really* do in NJ, that cannot be done with a dry weapon.

Let's be realistic here...

The extent of practice I see at CR, is guys with uber tricked out AR's, sitting at a bench whacking steel and thinking they are all tacticool.

I bet you put them behind an iron sight and they would not even know how to adjust it......

The are not practicing shooting with a sling, prone, sitting, kneeling - or even standing offhand...  

Sitting at a bench and whap whap whap - so much for practice.

Are they practicing shooting in and around barriers?  Are they practicing light loads and mag changes? - Are they practicing FTF/FTE? No, no they are not.

So the argument about practice, from a pure marksmanship and or use perspective, whether the gun is eventually outlawed or now, is still not being met.  

Last I checked, if you are unlucky enough or happen to find yourself on the two way range, I can assure you a nice comfy bench is not going to be setup for you to sit at and engage targets at a known distance of 100yds........  :)

What are you going to do?  And do not answer it - because there is a very real chance they CAN AND WILL outlaw, if capable, the AR/AK etc. type rifles.  Ok so they outlaw them - do you think they are going to go to Joe blows house on a search and destroy mission to collect arms...? 

I think if that starts then we all have MUCH MUCH more to worry about, other than the gun being illegal.

i just took a class shooting from all of those oddball positions. moving and shooting too.....there's more of that to come......we won't be able to do that if this happens.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i just took a class shooting from all of those oddball positions. moving and shooting too.....there's more of that to come......we won't be able to do that if this happens.......

You sir are the exception to what I have seen....

I will be hard pressed to see it - it didnt happen after Sandy Hook..  It didnt happen after fla - hard pressed to think it will now

• Agree 1

Just now, USRifle30Cal said:

You sir are the exception to what I have seen....

I will be hard pressed to see it - it didnt happen after Sandy Hook..  It didnt happen after fla - hard pressed to think it will now

yea...there were only 6 of us there for this one. 2 had "dry"rifles, one of those had a couple bad mags.

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:55 AM, Sniper said:

I'm starting a new business. Underground waterproof gun storage cabinets.... I'll be rich...

I missed the boat not getting a container of masks back in January, I ain't missing out twice!!

He's already stated it, right on his web site here:

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

I say if you think it is time to bury/hide your guns, then it is the exact time to take them out and use them. What good is a hidden/buried gun? I will give mine back one round at a time.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

I say if you think it is time to bury/hide your guns, then it is the exact time to take them out and use them. What good is a hidden/buried gun? I will give mine back one round at a time.

I have zero interest in hiding mine, in fact, I've made a few even MORE accessible for quick action.

But, there will be tons of afraid people who will look to hide their stash, why not make some coin from them. Just think of the number of people who went hiding in their basement from the scary China Flu. There's a big marketplace out there, and fear sells!!!

One only needs to read and understand history as to know what will change,  The question is how far are we going to allow it to change.

How many times do we allow history to repeat its self before we, the American people take a decisive stance.  We are in "chapter 1" of the Fall of the American Empire,  sadly we all know what is in chapter 2 and subsequent chapters that will make up this history lesson that will be studied ad nauseam with countless thesis's being written  fifty or a hundred years from now and those debating it will all ask the exact same questions we ask now about events in our history fifty or a hundred years ago,   " Why didn't they do anything"    "  Why didn't they fight back"

I often wonder this when reading about the holocaust and other humanitarian genocides and the boiling frog fable comes to mind.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, revenger said:

One only needs to read and understand history as to know what will change,  The question is how far are we going to allow it to change.

How many times do we allow history to repeat its self before we, the American people take a decisive stance.  We are in "chapter 1" of the Fall of the American Empire,  sadly we all know what is in chapter 2 and subsequent chapters that will make up this history lesson that will be studied ad nauseam with countless thesis's being written  fifty or a hundred years from now and those debating it will all ask the exact same questions we ask now about events in our history fifty or a hundred years ago,   " Why didn't they do anything"    "  Why didn't they fight back"

I often wonder this when reading about the holocaust and other humanitarian genocides and the boiling frog fable comes to mind.

What happened in US history 100 and 50 years ago that is was and is now bringing its downfall, of tje American empire,  where they/we should have done something?

19 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Just wondering, where are YOU practicing this today, since most ranges don't allow it?

36 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

What happened in US history 100 and 50 years ago that is was and is now bringing its downfall, of tje American empire,  where they/we should have done something?

36 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

12 minutes ago, Fishypete said:

Nothing as I we already live in NJ.  The rest of the country will just get the same as we have.  Then in four years, god willing it will change.  

That's actually a good point. We're on the front edge of the "screwing curve". The rest of the country will have to catch up!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, revenger said:

The holocaust was a US problem?  

Your equating what's happening now to weimar germany and or the ascension of the nazis?

You honestly believe that we are on the verge of either re-education camps and/or concentration camps with crematoria etc.?

2 hours ago, Fishypete said:

Nothing as I we already live in NJ.  The rest of the country will just get the same as we have.  Then in four years, god willing it will change.  

Hope is not a plan, or praying to God....  and as often as I do...  men with free will chart history.

"Deeds, not words..." - Washington   force change.

15 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Your equating what's happening now to weimar germany and or the ascension of the nazis?

You honestly believe that we are on the verge of either re-education camps and/or concentration camps with crematoria etc.?

I wasn't asked, but I'll jump in and say there is a big difference between Germany in the 30's and early 40's and what is happening here, now.

BUT there is plenty of re-education creeping into the K-12 and liberal arts college curricula.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

That's actually a good point. We're on the front edge of the "screwing curve". The rest of the country will have to catch up!

Do you see NJ staying stagnant on the gun laws in that environment? As you say, we are on the front edge of the "screwing curve" all the junk they want to push to the rest of the country will come here and CA first to see how it plays out...

17 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I wouldn't equate November 2020 with Weimar Germany, and progressives have a way to go to become full fledged Nazi replicas. But they certainly share a lot of the pre-emergence characteristics. Also with Stalin and the communists.

I suggest this article for a little brush up and comparison. A lot of 1930s Germans were just like us.

Perhaps when they make their move to disarm us, some will rethink their positions.

And if they never make that move, then I stand disproved.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

The holocaust was a US problem?  

Hope is not a plan, or praying to God....  and as often as I do...  men with free will chart history.

"Deeds, not words..." - Washington   force change.

I didn't say it was a U.S. problem ,  you added U.S. to your reply .   I was a problem and it was an example I gave.

• Like 2