rifleman

Good Dog story

Our new dog is a purebred female English Lab. She was a field trial show dog then had pups 3x. She came to us with all the right voice commands, water target retrieval like a machine, walks great on a leash and all around great pet & house dog. She checked out fine at the vet and is a happy, healthy 90 lb. little bear. Not much of a barker but learning to answer the door. Of course, she likes riding in a truck like all good dogs will. 

Harbour.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/6/2020 at 9:08 PM, Sniper said:

You can't beat an English Lab, they are absolutely the best (I'm on my 3rd). The best family dogs! Great choice.

And at 90 lbs... she be a solid girl!!  :mutley:

Good luck with her!

Solid is a good word. Her paws are like fists. Great day in the lake today. And Saturday. And Friday. And Thursday.........................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rifleman said:

Solid is a good word. Her paws are like fists. Great day in the lake today. And Saturday. And Friday. And Thursday.........................

You're a lucky guy, to get an "already trained" pup. I went the other way and started with a 7 week old puppy... oh boy, talk about a project.

90 lbs. is definitely solid. Most females I've seen average in the 60's - 70's ranges. My male is 68 lbs., but I really worked to keep him on the smaller size.

You said your girl had 3 litters of puppies. How old is she?