rifleman

I Love Global Warming

1 hour ago, rifleman said:

How about 4 days of awesome weather? Boating, shooting, drinking outdoors, grilling, hot tub, raking leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will take Global Warning any time in November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If those guys are upset about it, that's crazy.

Of course its insane that people could believe a warming planet is something to be feared, whatever the cause.

Warm is good, cold is bad. 

Warm means longer growing seasons and at higher latitudes thus increased food production, lower heating costs. Cold kills 20 times more people than does heat.

Civilizations thrive during historical warm periods, collapse in very cold ones.

But that is the world we live in today; good is evil, lies are truth, right is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Of course its insane that people could believe a warming planet is something to be feared, whatever the reason.

Warm is good, cold is bad. 

Warm means longer growing seasons and at higher latitudes thus higher food production, lower heating costs. Cold kills 20 times more people than does heat.

Civilizations thrive during historical warm periods, collapse in very cold ones.

But that is the world we live in today; good is evil, lies are truth, right is wrong.

....wow ....yea, this ^^^^^

Most historically horrific times in human history were during cold spells.

3 hours ago, Bomber said:

Warm means longer growing seasons and at higher latitudes thus increased food production, lower heating costs. Cold kills 20 times more people than does heat.

Another point, people live year-round on the Arctic Circle and people live year-round at the Equator. And guess what, they both survive... go figure...

I have two words for those people who believe in global warming.... Ice Age. 20,000 years ago there was an ice age and there were no cars or factories producing pollution. This global warming is part of the natural cycle of the earth. We as humans have only been keeping records of weather for the past few hundred years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative 1

17 hours ago, TurnpikeTed said:

Boy, I'm glad global warming has absolutely nothing to do with fluctuating weather patterns, irregular tides, droughts, increased insect populations, and other mumbo jumbo that those witchdoctors called scientists claim nowadays. 

Yep... we never had severe weather before vehicles and coal fired plants showed up in the country.

Oh, wait....

The Great Galveston hurricane,[1] known regionally as the Great Storm of 1900,[2][3] was the deadliest natural disaster in United States history and the fourth-deadliest Atlantic hurricane overall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

24 minutes ago, Paconsult10 said:

I have two words for those people who believe in global warming.... Ice Age. 20,000 years ago there was an ice age and there were no cars or factories producing pollution. This global warming is part of the natural cycle of the earth. We as humans have only been keeping records of weather for the past few hundred years.

Will you STOP distracting us with historical facts??!!!! We need a reason to take over the global economy and shut up the capitalists!

/SarcOff/

Now... Freeman Dyson did a wonderful interview a number of years ago and one of the things they asked him about was 'climate change'. He had no confidence in the theory at all because there was no empirical evidence to support the 'models'. Only suppositions.

But here was the question he posed that got me: How does the total mass of carbon dioxide in the earth's atmosphere compare with the total mass of carbon and carbon dioxide in the biomass of the entire earth?

You don't have to be a Nobel Laureate to answer that one. Do the math if you must.

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Yep... we never had severe weather before vehicles and coal fired plants showed up in the country.

Oh, wait....

The Great Galveston hurricane,[1] known regionally as the Great Storm of 1900,[2][3] was the deadliest natural disaster in United States history and the fourth-deadliest Atlantic hurricane overall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1900_Galveston_hurricane

Yes. That storm was epic.. literally.  Moved a train bridge over water and into the outskirts of town as I recall.  

26 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

Yes. That storm was epic.. literally.  Moved a train bridge over water and into the outskirts of town as I recall.  

Hurricanes are kind of a special case.  The deadliest ones mostly predate the weather satellite.   Fifty years ago, folks had only a vague idea as to track, timing, and magnitude.    A hundred years ago, they had almost no clue as to what was about to hit them. 

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Hurricanes are kind of a special case.  

The Global Warming, oops, Climate Change folks want us to believe fossil fuels and CO2 have made the ocean warmer, causing the storms to be worse. Warm water feeds hurricanes.

Funny that back in 1900 (before the Model T was even built), we had a major hurricane, which was caused by getting fed by warm water. How did the CO2 get in there and warm the water if we didn't have any vehicles or coal fired power plants?

I'd like a  G.W. alarmist to explain that.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Paconsult10 said:

I often think the same thing, especially when I'm hiking or running in the woods, and I see the boulders deposited by the retreat of the last glacier a relatively short time ago.  Yes, there is definitely climate change over time, but it's the height of hubris to believe we can prevent it, IMHO.

Meanwhile, these warm temperatures are all fun and games until the seas rise.  :p

The people spouting off thinking we can change global climate are insane. One natural event like Mt. St. Helens (1980) or Mt. Pinatubo (1991) can and do affect global temperature much more than any human activities. Most people are lazy, stupid, and incapable of independent thought. These people tend to talk about "science" while not knowing anything about the topic they are discussing. They just repeat talking points from the NY Times and feel superior for doing so.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Climate change to me means hopefully moving South in 3-4 years.

I'm enjoying the new Southern climate change now. And not just talkin warm temps and sunshine^_^. I highly recommend it. That Bergen climate was getting too stuffy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JC_68Westy said:

These people tend to talk about "science" while not knowing anything about the topic they are discussing. They just repeat talking points from the NY Times and feel superior for doing so.

Sadly, that happens all across the political spectrum.  Replace 'NY Times' with 'Fox News' or the 'BBC' or 'NewsMax' or 'Al Jazeera' (I presume) and you see the same thing.   Many people pretend to talk about science, but really are just spouting their particular political worldview, tied to one or two scientific facts that support their position, and ignoring the larger body of knowledge--which is often complex and nuanced and takes real effort to understand.

11 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I'm getting old.  I remember in grade school when they said "acid rain" was going to do us all in. 

It might have...that was a nasty problem at the time.  Rain events in the northeast had been recorded with a pH below 3; lemon juice is in the 2-3 range.

It didn't just go away, but with a bunch of money thrown at the problem, SO2 and NOx emissions from the coal plants (primarily) were cut in half and eventually the lakes buffered out most of the excess acidity.  Fish populations came back.  So it's a manageable problem, just takes some effort and resolve.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I'm getting old.  I remember in grade school when they said "acid rain" was going to do us all in. 

Me too! The news terrified everyone with that story for a long while. 

33 minutes ago, 10X said:

It might have...that was a nasty problem at the time.  Rain events in the northeast had been recorded with a pH below 3; lemon juice is in the 2-3 range.

It didn't just go away, but with a bunch of money thrown at the problem, SO2 and NOx emissions from the coal plants (primarily) were cut in half and eventually the lakes buffered out most of the excess acidity.  Fish populations came back.  So it's a manageable problem, just takes some effort and resolve.

Thank goodness for Obama!

• Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I can remember a decade or two ago with my swimming pools, that after a heavy rain, I always needed to boost the Ph back up, due to the acid rain.

Something must have been cleaned up, as it's been a long time since I've seen that in my pool now.

• Like 1

Just now, GRIZ said:

I know what you're saying but the "Save the Earth" people were not talking that. They were predicting the equator region becoming a frozen wasteland.

Well, you know, there were a hell of a lot of drugs being used during that time. Some really good 'shrooms being passed around. :crazy:

16 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Meanwhile, these warm temperatures are all fun and games until the seas rise.  :p

Yep, in the 1990's they were predicting that Manhattan Island would be under water in 20 years, it was a nice island until it disappeared..

Oh, wait...

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Well, you know, there were a hell of a lot of drugs being used during that time. Some really good 'shrooms being passed around. :crazy:

Yep, in the 1990's they were predicting that Manhattan Island would be under water in 20 years, it was a nice island until it disappeared..

Oh, wait...

Never did the mushrooms but I agree with you on that!

Al Gore said my house would be underwater by now!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Never did the mushrooms but I agree with you on that!

Al Gore said my house would be underwater by now!!!

This is why I bought my house where I did. I was expecting to have cheap beach front property by now! Sad to say that has not come to be.

• Crazy 1