CMJeepster

Happy birthday United States Marine Corps!

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Maybe that happened on skimmers. Submarine ETs fixed everything. 

that's because FTs or FCs as they call them now, were smart enough to avoid serving on ships that deliberately sink themselves in salt water with a nuclear reactor on board!:)

42 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

that's because FTs or FCs as they call them now, were smart enough to avoid serving on ships that deliberately sink themselves in salt water with a nuclear reactor on board!:)

Remember, there are only 2 types of ships. Submarines, and targets. 
Skimmers are always at test depth. 

32 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Is it true that the red crayons taste best?:lol:

download (1).jpg

One of my jarhead buddies told me that purple crayons are best. They taste like grape. 

What.....Subs can't be targets?

The Mark 46 torpedo is the backbone of the United States Navy's lightweight anti-submarine warfare torpedo inventory and is the NATO standard. These aerial torpedoes are designed to attack high-performance submarines.

300px-MK46_torpedo_launch.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnnyB said:

What.....Subs can't be targets?

The Mark 46 torpedo is the backbone of the United States Navy's lightweight anti-submarine warfare torpedo inventory and is the NATO standard. These aerial torpedoes are designed to attack high-performance submarines.

300px-MK46_torpedo_launch.jpg

Gotta find us before we find you. 

All kidding aside @Displaced Texan , you had the balls to serve on a sub!  I could NEVER do that. I don't enjoy tight spaces to that degree!

I sincerely salute you sir and thank you for your service!:) 

8 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I'm Army. Glad I had all my fights on land.

Moved on an LST once.

Thank you for your service sir!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

All kidding aside @Displaced Texan , you had the balls to serve on a sub!  I could NEVER do that. I don't enjoy tight spaces to that degree!

And also you, sir. I enjoy a little friendly shit talking between bubbleheads and skimmers. It’s always fun! 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Thank all you guys!!!

National defense is a multiservice thing.  Everyone has their niche.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

And also you, sir. I enjoy a little friendly shit talking between bubbleheads and skimmers. It’s always fun! 

I agree wholeheartedly!  We are almost brothers......We both went to BEEP school! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

And at least we weren’t Coast Guard....:rofl:

Hey Tex, don't knock the Coasties.

Many Soldiers and Marines hit the beach in Sicily, Anzio, Salerno, Normandy, and other places with Coasties driving those LCVPs.  A friend of mine's father was a coasty and in WW2 flew as a radioman in a Navy PBY hunting Uboats.

Coasties in Vietnam were based on Cong Son Island...along with the South Vietnamese POW camp for NVA and VC.

Coasties basically do the same job (along with a lot of others) in peacetime as they do in wartime.

While the Navy does a great job at Search and Rescue (SAR).  Coasties are the best at it.  A lot of pilots in Vietnam are alive because Coasties pulled them out of the drink.  That's Navy, Marine, Air Force, and Army.  Pilots knew if they were hit and can make the ocean, Coasties will find you.

I did a lot of work with the Coast Guard.  It was always clear to me that no matter what mission they were on, if they got a SAR mission everything got dropped for that.

I know the guy who was the coxswain on the cutter in "A Perfect Storm".  Given my choice of being on that cutter or getting shot at, I'd take my chances getting shot at.

Everyone has a niche.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1