FunGun

Help me find the right mag

I'd like to get a few extra magazines for the Troy A4 9mm other firearm I bought.  The manual says it uses a Glock Double Stack magazine.  The gun came with a 10rd 9mm Glock magazine that has the number 6558-01 on it (not sure if that is a part number?).  Can anybody point me to where I can get extra mags?  What, exactly, do I need to get?  I know a 9mm, 10rd Glock mag, but I've been shopping around and don't see any mention of "Double Stack". 

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

That is the mag you would get with a Glock 26 pistol. Other compatible pistol models will be Glock 17, 19, & 34.

The mags only differ in physical length. The top part that inserts into the firearm is the same for all of them. The 26 comes only in 10 round capacity. The standard capacity for the 19 is 15 rounds, but 10's are available. The 19 & 34 are the same and have a standard capacity of 17 rounds, but are also available in 10 round versions.

You can also use aftermarket mags from magpul, for example.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

That is the mag you would get with a Glock 26 pistol. Other compatible pistol models will be Glock 17, 19, & 34.

The mags only differ in physical length. The top part that inserts into the firearm is the same for all of them. The 26 comes only in 10 round capacity. The standard capacity for the 19 is 15 rounds, but 10's are available. The 19 & 34 are the same and have a standard capacity of 17 rounds, but are also available in 10 round versions.

You can also use aftermarket mags from magpul, for example.

What's the significance of "Double Stack"?  Are all those you mention "Double Stack"?  Thank you so much for the info!!!

Double stack means that the rounds are staggered in the magazine to be able to fit more rounds in a given length. Other 9mm Glock models (43, 43X & 48) use a single stack magazine which makes them slimmer and easier to conceal but hold fewer rounds.

Double stack mags are wider than single stack.

• Informative 1