EdF

Selling Ammo From NJ

Hello!  First post and I’m not sure it’s in the right place. Feel free to move this to another forum if it’s more appropriate. 

I have an excess of done hand gun ammo. A caliber that I don’t shoot much anymore. we are talking BBC about 400-500 rounds. 

Can I sell this on GunBroker.com?  Do I have data collection and retention issues?  

Any info would be health appreciated. 

Thanks 

You're better off selling it locally. Shipping small arms ammo requires an ORM-D shipper with a non-USPS carrier.

Handgun ammo sales requires the buyer to be 21 and have a FID card. Ask to see it when you meet the buyer and be sure it address-matches his drivers license.

No paperwork required.

And don't sell your home reloads. You are liable when he blows up his gun and puts out an eye with your ammo.

And you can't do it as a business without a NJ Retail License and an FFL. Welcome to the Glorious Peoples Republik of New Jerseystan. :suicide:

• Like 1

After several PMs . . . I don't know what the hell Johnny is talking about.

He sent me a PM telling me where he was and asking what I have.  I told him what and about how much and why I'm looking to get it out of the house.  I never offered to sell him anything and I never mentioned a price.  Then tells me how many rounds he has that he isn't trying to cheat me.

I'll find a way to make the entire discussion public if anybody wants.

I made two posts to this forum yesterday after finding it while researching NJ gun laws.  I do have a few hundred rounds of .38 Spcl that I am no longer likely to ever shoot.  I'm not looking to gouge anybody (not that it's anybody's business if I was).

I was pretty happy to find this group but I don't have time for bullshit like this.  Is this what I can expect from the forum?

37 minutes ago, EdF said:

After several PMs . . . I don't know what the hell Johnny is talking about.

He sent me a PM telling me where he was and asking what I have.  I told him what and about how much and why I'm looking to get it out of the house.  I never offered to sell him anything and I never mentioned a price.  Then tells me how many rounds he has that he isn't trying to cheat me.

I'll find a way to make the entire discussion public if anybody wants.

I made two posts to this forum yesterday after finding it while researching NJ gun laws.  I do have a few hundred rounds of .38 Spcl that I am no longer likely to ever shoot.  I'm not looking to gouge anybody (not that it's anybody's business if I was).

I was pretty happy to find this group but I don't have time for bullshit like this.  Is this what I can expect from the forum?

i know johnny personally. if you got the impression he was being a jerk, i'm pretty sure it was some sort of misunderstanding.

that said.......how much you looking for for the 38 special? i'm in cherry hill.

1 hour ago, EdF said:

Not at all.  I don't know what went down between the two of you, but overall there are many very knowledgeable and friendly members here.

2 hours ago, EdF said:

where did the internet hurt you Blank Template - Imgflip

Oh yeah and Pork Roll or Taylor Ham - that's the next question........

An oh yeah -

967dd87ae25d5762f2a67df85329550f.jpg

And WELCOME - 

You canship ammo to wherever you wants - Box it up - Go to UPS depot - place ORM-D sticker and ship - easy peasy

7 minutes ago, Dave Archibald said:

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lvg0iathuhv31.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, YankeeSC said:

Not at all.  I don't know what went down between the two of you, but overall there are many very knowledgeable and friendly members here.

Yep.   Plus all the rest of us!  :D

Welcome to the forum, hope you'll stick around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

You canship ammo to wherever you wants - Box it up - Go to UPS depot - place ORM-D sticker and ship - easy peasy

So . . . I can list on GunBroker and sell anywhere that the ammo is legal?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, EdF said:

So . . . I can list on GunBroker and sell anywhere that the ammo is legal?

Yessir- Box it up - print out these as a label place two and two on four sides.

ORM-D_cartridges_small_arms.jpg

ormd_ammunition_diamond.jpg

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

Go to UPS depot - fill out paperwork - pay cashier and have a nice day - 

Shipped a nice size box of ammo to SC this summer - easy peasy  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YankeeSC said:

agree

although sometimes we're cranky...lol

3 hours ago, Dave Archibald said:

Yes, Just cannot ship postal. Get copy of their DL. 

I find this so disturbing.  Tax payer subsidized endeavor prevents us from lawful commerce.  wtf!!!!!!!!!

shipping ammo out of state is a pia I find so fortunately, I'm not a seller or verrrrrry rarely

so my cousin needs ammo and I want to send him some.  Had to resurrect this thread to find out what to do. 

ok we've got ups covered, what about fed ex?

I don't normally sell ammo, much less out of state

(although I've gotten rid of some stuff that was oddball or outlier)