45Doll

NJ Gun Permits Spike 430%+ Statewide

This article confirms what I reported several weeks ago about what was happening in Sussex County.

It also has anecdotes from a number of FFLs across the state. What's funny to me is that sandwiched in between the paragraphs are links like "NJ residents want more gun control".  

In some towns, it jumped over 500% YOY:

In Marlboro, firearm applications jumped 502%: 1,174 from June to September, up from 195 firearm applications for the same time frame in 2019, according to Capt. Steven Levy. That doesn't include the 857 applications still awaiting investigation.

In Brick Township, there were 1,470 firearm applications during the four-month period this year, up from 244 applications in 2019,  or a 502% increase, Brick Sgt. Jim Kelly said. 

Here's a chart, 2019 versus 2020:

84b83fbf-b49a-41f1-bb73-288db9c09405-Fir

4 minutes ago, Ice199 said:

That was a interesting read. I just filed in October for my first time permits. I guess I will be waiting till February or March for the call.

From a APP. com article, here's one paragraph:

...."Under a Biden administration, background checks for firearm application waiting times could go from minutes to months, according to Warren Eller, an associate professor and chair of the Department of Public Management at John Jay College of Criminal Justice."

Plan accordingly!

38 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

I'd like to think that I was personally responsible.

If the increase in permit applications was only 430%, that can only be explained by you, plus a statewide reduction in other people applying for permits.    :D

2 hours ago, chrisfc923 said:

I'm one of the ones in marlboro. I applied in end of Sept and called from Nov, Dec, Jan and the VM each month states they are working on June 2020. So in those three months they couldn't get past a months worth of applications? 

I'm in Brick township, took me 4 months to the day. July-November.

Just applied for three P2P the beginning of January, PD voice recording states, permits are taking 6 months.