EdF

Experienced Newbie . . .

I've been around guns most of my life.  I was licensed for sales through a dealer while in high school and college (remember when KMart used to sell guns in NJ?)  My now ex-wife didn't want them around the house while we were raising our kids but now that we are divorced I am getting involved again.  So, I would call myself an "experienced new shooter". 

I am very interested in getting into competitive shooting.  More to gain practical experience than to be better than anyone.  Honestly, I have no interest in hunting and just going to the range and putting rounds through the chamber only does so much for me.  I AM looking for experience and resources.

There is little that interests more than maintaining our Constitutional rights.  All of them . . . Not just the second . . . Locally, I'm looking for a way to work on NJ laws:  Concealed carry in NJ is an embarrassment as are the permitting and transportation processes as a whole.  At the same time, I'm slow and careful about joining organizations (including these forums) because of wariness about those running them.

If there is anything that I can do for anyone, reach out . . . I am, among other things, a professional photographer and I would be happy to provide images for any group outings, club commetitions or anything of the sort.  I can also do very high quality video but my editing skills aren't great.

I'm looking for to what everybody has to say . . . 

• Like 2

Welcome!

Qwn a revolver? This Saturday is ICORE at Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club (Close to where the Oaks Gun Show is held). Actually they let bottom feeders participate, but you are limited to 8 rounds. Two weeks from this Saturday is IDPA, also at LPRGC - you can shoot a bottom feeder there. December 5th is USPSA at Shongum Sportsmens Club near Hackettstown. All venues are always welcoming to newbies (new to competition - not new to guns).

If interested, reach out and I'll give you the details.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

39 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Are you interested in competitive rifle (like high power National Match, like I do) or competitive handgun (like IDPA or its cousins)?

At this point . . . Handgun only.  Maybe rifle by spring or summer . . . Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

If interested, reach out and I'll give you the details.

I HAVE a revolver but it has some mechanical issues.  I don't know anything about ICORE but you can PM me some info.  IDPA is something that I've been looking at but I don't yet have a belt or holster . . . I'd be interested in talking about it anyway and maybe just showing up to watch.