siderman

Ridgewood Pistol Club (?)

I used to live 5 mins from that place for many many yrs and could never seem to crack the code to check it out. Door knocks, phone calls, emails, nada, always seemed a secret. So now that I moved out of state I see in the ANJRPC newsletter, that I still get, they have put out a new limited membership call lol...I'm just curious- still- to see what it's about. It knda resembles an abandoned wharehouse and is only a 8 port 50' range but I pictured myself plinking away after dinner or Sunday morns...anyway anyone here go or plan on checking it out? If so would appreciate a tease on what I missed.:D

• Agree 1

Not sure about membership, but I was there watching a small-bore match a couple of weeks ago, so I was able to see the club from the inside.

It's definitely an old-school place.  Almost like it's caught in a time machine from the 1950's (or earlier).  Front door opens to a good sized ready-room with tables, filing cabinets, coffee pot, hangers for members jackets, etc.  Furniture, pictures, and decor are old, but it's kind of cool to see the trophies and history of the club.

The range is about 25 yards with 8 ports.  It's rimfire/.22 only and there appear to be manual target carriers in place (they weren't used for the competition).

Depending on membership cost and hours of operation it seems like it would be a great place to shoot. 

31 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Not sure about membership, but I was there watching a small-bore match a couple of weeks ago, so I was able to see the club from the inside.

It's definitely an old-school place.  Almost like it's caught in a time machine from the 1950's (or earlier).  Front door opens to a good sized ready-room with tables, filing cabinets, coffee pot, hangers for members jackets, etc.  Furniture, pictures, and decor are old, but it's kind of cool to see the trophies and history of the club.

The range is about 25 yards with 8 ports.  It's rimfire/.22 only and there appear to be manual target carriers in place (they weren't used for the competition).

Depending on membership cost and hours of operation it seems like it would be a great place to shoot. 

Thanx! Sounds pretty much as I pictured it. Love that old time memorabilia stuff. Any chance you caught the founding date ?

I believe the "club" has been around since the 1930's and the building since the 50's?

One of the guys at my club participates in the competitions there from time to time so I'll ask him if he knows.

• Agree 1