exec orders only apply to fed employees, private enterprise is exempt from them

also, if they try this, there is no way it stands up to SC challenge as arms are already protected under the previous rulings, as is ammo.  it's why they haven't been able to ban yet

4 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

exec orders only apply to fed employees, private enterprise is exempt from them

I think one example, the recent Covid forced shutdowns and closures to small businesses by Dem governors would disagree with that point.

5 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

also, if they try this, there is no way it stands up to SC challenge as arms are already protected under the previous rulings, as is ammo.  it's why they haven't been able to ban yet

Wouldn't it depend on IF the SC takes the case? Recently, they've punted on all 2A cases, and refuse to argue them.

I certainly wouldn't put it past a President Biden, oops Harris, to use a EO to shut down gun businesses. By the time the cases got to a Federal judge or the SC, the businesses would already be DOA. Mission Accomplished.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

42 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I think one example, the recent Covid forced shutdowns and closures to small businesses by Dem governors would disagree with that point.

Wouldn't it depend on IF the SC takes the case? Recently, they've punted on all 2A cases, and refuse to argue them.

I certainly wouldn't put it past a President Biden, oops Harris, to use a EO to shut down gun businesses. By the time the cases got to a Federal judge or the SC, the businesses would already be DOA. Mission Accomplished.

pretty sure all the court challenges went the citizens' way on that.  People adhered to the edicts but they didn't have to.  in NJ, those guys are suing the the crap out of the state for the gym closure but of course, it hasn't seen the higher court yet.  In every state, we've seen the challenges succeed.

Sheeple doing sheeple things doesn't mean it's lawful

30 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

Sheeple doing sheeple things doesn't mean it's lawful

I totally agree. But for every business that is successful in their lawsuit, there are 100 others that don't have the resources to fight, and they just go out of business, and go away. The .Gov has a ton of lawyers, and they can run out the clock, and small business doesn't stand a chance.

https://www.njherald.com/story/news/sussex/2020/11/03/sussex-county-judge-transfers-nj-gym-owners-lawsuit-appeals-court/6126602002/

Heck, I expect Murphy in our state to do draconian lockdowns again. Hardly anyone sued him the first go around, so he thinks he can act with impunity. I don't know about your town, but I see tons of vacant stores closed up the past 5 months, where businesses had operated the 7 years I've been here. I doubt very few, if any, sued the state/Murphy for losing their business.

• Sad 1