Riderdrumr

Berry's Ammo Boxes....why?

I was researching surplus ammo cans and came across Berry's ammo boxes. I'm new to all this and I'm trying to find good ways to store my ammo, but I don't know if this is overkill in organization or it's common knowledge to put your ammo in plastic boxes. Is it just for OCD people? Is storing ammo in their original cardboard boxes ok?

Thanks!

Like PK90 pointed out, reloaders use them mostly.

I prefer a re-usable, cheap, plastic box over just dumping them into bigger boxes, ziplock bags, etc.  Re-using factory ammo boxes is an option but that's difficult when you don't shoot factory ammo.  The plastic is better long term anyways.

• Like 1

I use a couple of them to store my "premium" pistol and rifle HD ammo that I have limited quantities of.  They stack uniformly in the safe and give a quick visual indication of quantity inside without opening the box.

Range ammo just stays in the factory packaging, or gets dumped into a big ammo can.

Using berry boxes for *all* of your ammo seems a bit OCD to me, but whatever floats your boat...

lord_humongous_pistol_case.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

Harbor Freight currently has their .30cal size plastic ammo cans on sale for $2.99

The Pennsauken store was stacked deep with them yesterday.

If I needed any more than I already have (dozens) I would have bought them. YMMV.

Yeah you can’t beat the price of those. I have a bunch also.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 9:42 AM, njJoniGuy said:

Harbor Freight currently has their .30cal size plastic ammo cans on sale for $2.99

The Pennsauken store was stacked deep with them yesterday.

If I needed any more than I already have (dozens) I would have bought them. YMMV.

I bought several of these at the Newton store yesterday. Not quite the quality of MTM or similar cans, but for $3 they are more than adequate. Thanks NJJG for that pointer.

FYI, they are not emblazoned with "Bunker Hill" as shown in their web photo. They are plain dark gray. But they do have two different labels stuck on both long sides. If you prefer your cans unlabeled as I do, just heat them in an oven at 150 for 10 minutes. Then they will peel right off with virtually no residue.

Much less wear and tear on my delicate finger nails. -_-

3 hours ago, 45Doll said:

I bought several of these at the Newton store yesterday. Not quite the quality of MTM or similar cans, but for $3 they are more than adequate. Thanks NJJG for that pointer.

FYI, they are not emblazoned with "Bunker Hill" as shown in their web photo. They are plain dark gray. But they do have two different labels stuck on both long sides. If you prefer your cans unlabeled as I do, just heat them in an oven at 150 for 10 minutes. Then they will peel right off with virtually no residue.

Much less wear and tear on my delicate finger nails. -_-

A little bit of WD-40 removes the labels and the adhesive residue.