Pizza Bob

"Got" My First Electronic Permits

Rather painless process - took no more or no less time than it did to get my last set of paper permits. Applied through FARS on 11/07 and got the call to come in and pay for them this morning. I anticipate that eventually it will take longer to get a NICS approval than it will the purchase permits - submitted for NICS last Friday. And worst of all is a Multiple Purchase Exemption. I have been waiting two months + for an MPE to be approved. I also noted during my last FARS application process that you can now use FARS for an MPE also - my application was still in hard copy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Informative 3

The wife just picked her FPIC up Tuesday the 16th and was supposed to get her pistol permit along with it. She left the PD without it, panicked, and we realized it’s an E-permit now. Went to the LGS tonight and picked out a new 1911 for her. Everything went smooth until they asked for a confirmation email for the pistol permit. She never received an email for the permit that gave her a number/code. The $2 fee was paid, PD said she was all good to go, and now she’s stuck with a gun at the shop all paid for and no confirmation number in sight. Can you give us some insight as to when the email arrived, etc. ? 

On 11/18/2020 at 7:57 PM, RAMJAM said:

The wife just picked her FPIC up Tuesday the 16th and was supposed to get her pistol permit along with it. She left the PD without it, panicked, and we realized it’s an E-permit now. Went to the LGS tonight and picked out a new 1911 for her. Everything went smooth until they asked for a confirmation email for the pistol permit. She never received an email for the permit that gave her a number/code. The $2 fee was paid, PD said she was all good to go, and now she’s stuck with a gun at the shop all paid for and no confirmation number in sight. Can you give us some insight as to when the email arrived, etc. ? 

You don't need the confirmation code for the dealer to execute the E-permit. The dealer can find it in the system using your SBI # and DOB

I paid for permits about two weeks ago and still nothing after that, price is the same $2 per permit. Girl said since there is no more paper permits you have to wait for email from us, I said what is left and she said - nothing, just wait for email. It is two weeks since, really painful process as for me... Should I get email saying your permits are ready? What is going on really?

You will get several emails throughout the process, but the one you are looking for says this, more or less...

" You have a pistol permit that is ready to be executed"

"Executed" is the key word you are looking for in an email.

• Informative 1

Not sure the e-mail is consistent from PD to PD. Once you have paid for the permit(s) the PD should automatically activate them. On my set of E-permits I didn't receive any e-mails after the one notifying me that the criminal background check had been completed - just a notification from my PD to come in and pay for the permits.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

2 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Not sure the e-mail is consistent from PD to PD. Once you have paid for the permit(s) the PD should automatically activate them. On my set of E-permits I didn't receive any e-mails after the one notifying me that the criminal background check had been completed - just a notification from my PD to come in and pay for the permits.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Same, 10 days after I paid and nothing from this system. Should I ask my FFL to try to search for them in Nic's? Why should we suffer so much?

I put in for 3 more permits back at the beginning of November, haven't heard anything back yet. However, a friend of mine who lives in Ewing put his in 2 weeks after I did and he received the notification yesterday. I haven't heard anything yet