gfl216

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2

Dose anybody know if the gen 2 Sub 2k is NJ legal? I see on the kel-tec web page that the stock can be adjusted to 3 different lengths of pull by moving a pin. I'm guessing that because you can take the pin out and adjust the length makes it illegal unless it's permanently pinned.

I have one. Steve from Monmouth Arms got me a letter from the state police that says that the stock is fine. I think it was because you need to remove the pin to clean the rifle, I can send you a copy of the letter if you'd like it.

The rifle has a threaded barrel so you to pin the thread protector on. I had a muzzle brake pinned on just for the fun of it and Steve did a great job.

• Like 1

I'll sell you mine if you are local to 08215.(egg harbor city) gen 2. .40 cal. 3 glock 22 15round mags with pierce pinky extensions. 50 round white box included. $600.00

87e5f2240461154708390e9bb5bf215d.jpg7e374f2f85d8a26f428910eef95affda.jpg55ebf11dd609c1935745dd072880699a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks but if I did buy one I would definitely be looking for the Glock 19 model.  

I picked my up through a transfer at my lgs. No compliance work was done.. so I pinned on a lone wolf comp and put epoxy in 2 of the 3 stock adjustments.

Wanna send me a copy if that letter?

Did your dealer let you do the compliance work in his shop?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

"The length of pull adjustment of 1 1/2" is not intended for concealment of the firearm as the law is intended to restrict".

Did anybody else's eyes pop open after reading that? Then ytf do we need to pin the frign stocks IF the lop doesnt exceed that limit??? To me that suggests anything that can adj. up to 1 1/2" is gtg, no? I know, I know- who wants to be the first one to challenge that.....but certainly a very interesting response from the NJSP FIU.

It has two evil features: A semi-automatic rifle that has a threaded barrel that can accept a suppressor and a pistol grip.

It's actually because it's a semi auto with a detachable magazine that can then only have the two features you mentioned. I know that's what you meant, I just wanted to clarify for anyone new.

Yup. Thanks for clarifying. The law is crazy enough without me confusing new people. I am including the full text of the AG's Guidelines from 1996 <http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/agguide/assltf.htm> just in case anyone is thinking of adding a grenade launcher to their Kel-Tec  :nono:

A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be "substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it meets the below listed criteria:

A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
  2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
  3. a bayonet mount;
  4. a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
  5. a grenade launcher;

Thank you ! Once I upload a photo how do I post it in a forum ?

Once you make an upload, it sends you to the hosted location. You can copy the location out of your address bar and paste it here for people to click on. That's the simplest way with all files. It will send them to where it is located when they click on it.

It also shows you your picture after you upload it. You can right click on the picture and grab the location by either "copy picture location" or "properties" and then paste the image location here using the forum img tags or the image function. Using the img tags or image function will display the pic on the forum.

Yup. Thanks for clarifying. The law is crazy enough without me confusing new people. I am including the full text of the AG's Guidelines from 1996 <http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/agguide/assltf.htm> just in case anyone is thinking of adding a grenade launcher to their Kel-Tec  :nono:

A semi-automatic firearm should be considered to be "substantially identical," that is, identical in all material respects, to a named assault weapon if it meets the below listed criteria:

A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
  2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
  3. a bayonet mount;
  4. a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
  5. a grenade launcher;

So then...The stock thats not "adjustable" "detachable mag" and the muzzle nut......lmao

Now that I have a Gen2 version I can see why the NJSP does not consider it a telescoping stock. It really isn't. The LOP adjustment requires some disassembly of the firearm. It is shipped in the shortest LOP position. Not much different then changing the recoil pad.

On 4/12/2016 at 2:22 AM, Schrödinger's cat said:

I have one. Steve from Monmouth Arms got me a letter from the state police that says that the stock is fine. I think it was because you need to remove the pin to clean the rifle, I can send you a copy of the letter if you'd like it.

The rifle has a threaded barrel so you to pin the thread protector on. I had a muzzle brake pinned on just for the fun of it and Steve did a great job.

What muzzle break did you have pinned?