Sign in to follow this  
NJScott

Denis Hamill of NY Daily News Goes Off the Rails

Even for a rabid gun-grabber like him, Hamill really went off the reservation, calling for--among other things--a two year period of illegibility to own firearms if you've been fired from a job or divorced.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hamill-guns-christmas-america-stars-stripes-article-1.1223264

In fact, today's News is actually chock-full of anti-2A goodies; from feature articles to the Editorial page, and if you go to the online edition you have this "Sign Our Assault Weapons Ban Petition" popping up all over the place. There's also that ridiculous article about how a guy was shocked to find out he could walk into a Westchester County gun store and--GASP!--buy an "assault rifle".

Just goes to show you that the Fourth Estate, at least in this metropolitan area--have given up all pretext of being balanced; they have ceded their responsibility of reporting the news and instead are shaping it via their extreme anti-2A attitudes.

I've already cancelled my subscription to the News and the Jersey Journal (for having a similar slant on the gun rights issue), and the NY Post is next.

Yeah, so if I'm anti-gun and an employer, I can fire my employee and effectively have his or her guns removed from them for two years for the heck of it, since NJ is an at will employment state.

What an idiot.