iRescue

Vang Comp mods for 870

Howdy.

Picked up a Remington 870 Tactical Magpul Edition over the weekend.

It's a fantastic rig and I don't think I'll need to do much to it.

Only things I'm considering are a Vang comp stainless follower and big dome safety. I may also add the magpul sga sling mount.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Congrats irescue on your new shotgun!

I am interested in what you find out as I have an 870 on order right now and was not planning on doing much with it.

Doing some research, I found a couple of sites with info. Not verifying it for accuracy or content. Let the reader beware!

This one seems to be pretty decent.

http://www.rem870.com/2012/07/20/remington-870-followers-overview-vang-comp-systems-cdm-gear-sbe-precision-ggg-sj-hardware-scattergun-technologies-choate-nordic/

This other one really has a long back and forth about SS followers causing damage in the long run to the lip of the follower stop in the 870.

This one started back in 2010, so my thinking is either this is not really an issue, or it happens only with very high usage. I include it only as FYI.

It had me scratching my head! :scratchhead:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193646

Do you plan on replacing the spring too?

So my 870 comes with a straight 6 or 7 round tube. No extension. Just straight tube. I think when I replace my follower, ill look into a Wolff XP spring.

I considered the Wilson combat follower, but I think the Vang Comp is less likely to bind up or chewed up. However, I'm not sure there's much of a threat of that since it's a straight tube.

So other than the mag tube upgrades, safety, Vang comp detachable ammo carrier and sling point, I'd like to keep the thing pretty clean.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the mods?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2