Sign in to follow this  
bigbg25

NJ resident- PA purchase to NJ FFL- fees and taxes??

Hey guys, just got my permit to purchase. There's not a ton of local stock in South Jersey nowadays so I'm looking into PA dealers/ shops. My question is really the process for this purchase.

Does PA store do a NICS too? Or does the NJ FFL contact the seller and run the check before the gun is shipped?

Obviously shipping fees are included with the price of the pistol.

Does every FFL charge sales tax? I know they range in the amount of fees they charge.

thanks to anyone who has any information!

Hey guys, just got my permit to purchase. There's not a ton of local stock in South Jersey nowadays so I'm looking into PA dealers/ shops. My question is really the process for this purchase.

Does PA store do a NICS too? You can purchase a long gun directly from a PA dealer. NICS is done in every state by dealers. Or does the NJ FFL contact the seller and run the check before the gun is shipped? A handgun must be transferred through a NJ dealer. The NICS check will be done when you pick it up from them.

Obviously shipping fees are included with the price of the pistol. ???

Does every FFL charge sales tax? They better, or hey will be in trouble. I know they range in the amount of fees they charge.

thanks to anyone who has any information!

If you are buying in pa you will pay for the pistol, shipping and pa sales tax. Your ffl in NJ will charge you a transfer fee and 15 dollar nics plus tax on those two items only.

If the PA FFL is shipping the HG to NJ and doesn't have any physical presence in NJ, they shouldn't be collecting sales tax on the purchase. If the PA FFL does have a physical presence in NJ, then they will need to collect NJ sales tax from you. Sales tax is paid where you take delivery of an item (in most cases).