2 posts in this topic
Presentation: Enfield Bayonets by Daniel Morrison, noted author and expert on the Enfield Bayonet.
On Display: Revolutionary War items, originals and reproductions.
Doors open at 7pm, Veteran's Hall upstairs, Kenilworth, NJ.
For those who enjoyed TV cop shows and movies we offer you an opportunity to go down memory lane. Unlike your video heroes you will be using real guns and ammo shooting old method on the police qualification targets of yesteryear in friendly competition. Suspend present reality and be your TV/Movie cop/secret agent idol(s) for a day.
THE Shongum Sportsmen Association invite you to compete with tangible links to
TV/Movie Battles of Good vs Evil in our TV-LAND COP-SHOW SHOOT
Come celebrate TV History by compteting with the handguns that TV Cops made famous on the Small Screen.Indoor range
Trophies to Best in Event SATURDAY, Feb 10th, 2018 (Rain/Snow/Ice date to be announced)
Registration/Brunch 10AM-11PM.Competition 11:00AM-3:00PM, Awards 3:00-3:30PM
Shongum Sportsmen’s Association Chapel Hill Range - 363 Jane Chapel Road,Oxford( Mansfield), NJ 07863-3511 GPS 40.843231 N 74.916628 W
From Center of Hackettstown, take ROUTE 46 WEST. 2 Miles west of Rt. 517, turn LEFT onto RUSSLING RD (by Best’s Fruit Farm). At end, (1.5 mi) Turn LEFT onto BARKER’S MILL RD (.2 Mi.) Turn RIGHT onto MT BETHEL RD. for 1 mi, Turn RIGHT onto JANE CHAPEL ROAD Range approx 1 Mile on RIGHT. Please car pool as parking is limited
ONE FEE OF $25.00.for UNLIMITED ENTRIES. CASH ONLY. US CURENCY Proceeds will be shared with "Mansfield Township Police Benevolent Association"
Fee covers a Police Brunch of Donuts and coffee. Soft drinks/hot dogs available for donation. Entries limited to amount of targets and time. Bring lots of smokeless ammo. No blackpowder/pyrodex/duplex loads, No rimfire. No MAGNUMS. CAGNEY & LACEY Trophy to best female shooter. BARNEY FIFE for low score.
Each event requires 25 rounds: 10 from the FBI crouch (gun not brought up to eye level or sights used) at 7 yards one handed; 5 rounds from off hand strong hand double action (when possible) at 50 feet; reload, and 5 shots weak, 5 more 2 hand standing single action allowed 50 feet. (Box of 50 rounds lets you play twice). Mid-range wad cutter allowed. 25 second max time limit at each stage. Eye and hearing protection. No lasers, red dot, scopes, Weaver stances or other Modern Pistol Craft. This is not tactical training or bulls-eye. Come to have Safe Fun. You can wear attire appropriate to any of the characters: Hawaii shirt, narrow tie, Fedoras, Stetson, disco, etc. Event #16 and #17 will be modified in time because of the nature of Cowboy era reloading methods. No rimfire guns or black powder or MAGNUM loads.
1. DRAGNET Joe Friday S&W .38 w/2” barrel(other 5 shot 2" OK)
2. HAWAII FIVE-0 Steve McGarrett Colt .38 w/2” barrel
3. UNTOUCHABLES Elliot Ness Colt .38 w/4” barrel & fixed sights
4. MAGNUM P.I. Thomas Magnum 1911 GOVERNMENT Series .45
5. MIAMI VICE Crockett & Tubs BREN 10, Mini 45 (Detonics, Kimber,etc)
6. CHIPS Poncherello & Baker 6" Colt, S&W, Ruger, Taurus in .38/.357
7. NCIS Special Agent Gibbs Sig Sauer in 9mm or .40 or 45
8. WALKER TEXAS RANGER Cordell Walker Taurus PT92 or Beretta 92/96, 9mm or .40
9. STARSKY AND HUTCH Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson Colt .357 4 inch (Python, Trooper, .357)
10. BLUE BLOODS Reagan family GLOCK,KAHR,SIGP239 in 9mm,40,45
11. HILL STREET BLUES Andy Renko S&W 4 inch 38/357 fixed or adjustable
12. 007 James Bond Walter PP, PPK, PPK/S
13 .DIRTY HARRY Insp Calahan Any D/A Revolver in .44 Mag / .44 Spec.
14. WALKING DEAD Deputy Rick Grimes Colt Python (6” Barrel) nickel finish optional
15. FREE STYLE SWAT (no name,deep cover) Any center fire handgun not listed above
16. GUNSMOKE Matt Dillon SASS traditional fixed sight revolver
17. Wanted Dead or Alive (NEW) Josh Randall Mare's leg or laig lever action pistol
18. "Stereotype Villain Event" Central casting hood Any semi-auto shot on its side gangsta style
Guest participation encouraged. Shoot Chairman Stan Gurski 732 388-1202 GurskiLTC@aol.com
New Jersey Arms Collectors Club - Meeting Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017. Doors open at 7:00 PM
Presentation: – WW-II German Uniforms - A Collectors Guide to Detecting Original, Restored and Reproductions
by Mike K.
On Display: European Semi-Auto Long Arms, German Field Gear
Web Site: http://www.njacc.info
Directions: Garden State Parkway to exit 138 (Kenilworth). Make a left and go three lights on Kenilworth Boulevard to 21st Street South. Make a left. Veterans' Center is about 100 yards on the right, parking on the left. Alternate: Route 24 East to Exit 9B onto Morris Avenue East to Union. Right on Meisel Avenue straight to Boulevard in Kenilworth, then right onto 21st Street South at the light.
Historical Winter Firearms Marksmanship Contest - Jan. 20, 2018 at Cherry Ridge Range, Highland Lakes, NJ
In Honor of the Men and Women Who Endured The Rigors of Winter Combat from Valley Forge to Korea And To Demonstrate Personal Skill with Relics of History
The New Jersey Arms Collector’s Club Inc. Invites You to Participate With
Historical Winter Firearms in A Marksmanship Contest
Saturday, January 20 , 2018
SNOW DATE JAN 21st`(CALL RANGE at 973 764-1333 for closings)
ANJRPC CHERRY RIDGE RANGE
Highland Lakes, NJ -- Off Canistear Road, 4 Mi. North of Rt. 23
SIGHT-IN: 9:00 am – 10:00 am - MATCHES: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Lunch: 1:00 – 2:00
ENTRY FEES* $30 ($10 discount to NJACC members and active, reserve, retired military with ID card)
Family rate-$50 for two benches(children, in laws, grandparents etc.)plus $5 for each meal
Full Entry Fee includes Lunch in Club House & VENISON STEW and Hot Beverages during shoot
($5.00 Lunch Only)
*Note: Price Differential for Non-Members is applicable towards Membership Dues.
PRIZES: Trophies to Best in Each Class(plus best female and youngster)
FIREARMS:Repro or original BP. Curios and Relics of the Period. Original style Stocks and Sights
Winter trigger guards acceptable. Winter triggers if approved by range safety officer.
YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR WINTER COMBAT UNIFORMS OR CIVILIAN EQUIVALENT—
Don’t forget Hats, Gloves and Boots as well as hearing and eye protection!!!
VENISON STEW,CHOCOLATE,TEA,CIDER AND COFFEE AVAILABLE IN PARKING LOT AS PART OF FEE
Contests Require 10 Shots in 2 Minutes at 50 Yards(except #12,15,16,20,&21)
Any Position Including Bench * Rifles must be fired from shoulder unless medically excused.(no sleds)
1. BATTLE OF TRENTON Any Smoothbore Flintlock - 5 shots in 15 minutes
2. MOUNTAIN MAN (Revenant award-new) Any Civilian Flint or Percussion Rifle - 10 Shots/15 Minutes
3. FREDERICSBURG Any C W Battle weapon not using fixed ammo - 10 Shots / 15 Minutes .
4. WINTER WAR Any Finnish or Russian Mosin Nagant,Suomi 31 semi auto.
5. BALKAN FRONT Any Yugoslav, Austrian, Italian, Bulgarian, Romanian or Greek WWII era bolt action rifle (post war rebuilt Yugos are OK)
6. EASTERN FRONT SEMI-AUTO G-41, G-43, Tokarev 38 and SVT-40. Suomi M31 Semi Auto
7. BATTLE OF THE BULGE BOLT 98K, Springfield ’03,03A1,03A3 Enfield P14/1917 MKIII/IV
8. BATTLE OF HUERTGEN FOREST M1 Garand, G-43, G-41
9. SCANDANAVIAN SERVICE Any Swedish, Norwegian or Danish Krag, Mauser,AG42b.
10. ALPINE DEFENSE Any Swiss, Italian, French, or Austrian Mil. Bolt or Semi Auto
11. CHOSIN RESERVOIR M1,SAFN, Mosin Nagant, Jap 38,99, Mauser 98,SKS,Enfield #3,4
12 AFGHAN HILLS Any NJ Legal Semi-Auto, 5.56, 7.62 Nato, 7.62 x 39, 5.45 x 39(100yds)
13. KLONDIKE Any Black Powder Cartridge Firearm(smokeless or duplex ammo OK)
14. ALASKA HUNTER Any Sporter Rifle, inc Sporterized Military, (Iron Sights)
15. WINTER SNIPER (SIMO HAYHA AWARD) Military Sniper Rifle w/Original style Optics,FINN 28/30-1 Shot 100yd.
16. POLAR BEAR Any Sport,Sporterized Military Rifle with Scope 6.5mm or+ (100 yds)
17. CPT GRIEST 1LT HAVER TROPHY Best Female Shooter (in honor of the Ranger School graduates)
18. YOUNG WARRIOR Any Shooter Under 18 Years -any event
19. WINTER OLYMPIAN Any Rimfire /pellet Rifle( 17 or 22), -no magnifying optics
20. WINTER PLINKER Any scoped Rimfire(17 or 22) Rifle (100 yards)
21. DESIGNATED MARKSMAN (NEW EVENT) Any military scoped rifle in 7.62 NATO or Russian R (10 shots)
PUBLIC INVITED - Shoot Chairman – STAN GURSKI GurskiLTC@aol.com 732 388-1202
Sucks. I mostly use YouTube for learning how to clean new guns or how to do upgrades. Luckily we can still search for videos or instructions on regular Google. Right? Maybe not considering Google earns YouTube. I've switched go duck duck go awhile back.
YouTube has finally decided to make their position clear with gun channels. Below are 3 links to videos uploaded by Hank Strange, The VSO Gun Channel, and Christopher of Regular Guy Training LLC, outlining YouTube's soon to be implemented policy. Even though there are alternatives like www.full30.com, Christopher of Regular Guy Training LLC, states that he will most likely not be accepted there due to him cursing more frequently in videos than most. To me, this is just another form of censorship. If people do not have the self restraint to not watch the content they find objectionable, they should simply move to another country. This is what PC culture has come down to. When I first started getting into firearms, YouTube wasn't around back in the early 90's. What I liked a lot about the platform was that in the videos put out had product reviews, detailed instructions on maintenance of the firearm, DIY instructions, and the most important - OPINIONS! Link - Hank Strange Link - Regular Guy Training LLC Link - The VSO Gun Channel Regards, TokenEntry
ANJRPC TONIGHT! ANJRPC ON CHASING NEWS
& OTHER MEDIA UPDATES ANJRPC is appearing tonight at 11p.m. on WWOR-TV's Chasing News with host Bill Spadea. Please tune in to watch ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach discuss the Lacey Township high school issue, and New Jersey's redundant and outdated permitting system. Tune in to WWOR-TV (Ch. 9, in the NY metro area) watch it live online here: http://www.my9nj.com/live or download the My9 streaming app here: http://www.my9nj.com/…/download-the-new-chasing-app-from-my9 Also, the Lacey High School story has gone viral nationally. While the volume of news coverage is too overwhelming to list completely, here is a representative sample: Click the link below for all media links and the online version of this alert:
https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/page/ANJRPCOonChasingNews -Fox News -Breitbart -The Blaze -The New American -The Lars Larson Show (Dan Schmutter interview) -News 12 New Jersey (Dan Schmutter interview) -NJ 101.5 -NRA-TV (Bach interview) Please forward this email to every gun owner you know, and if you don't already receive alerts from ANJRPC, please subscribe to our free email alerts for the latest Second Amendment breaking news and action alerts: https://anjrpc.site-ym.com/?Email_Request About ANJRPC: The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs is the official New Jersey affiliate of the NRA, and is New Jersey's oldest, largest, and most effective Second Amendment advocacy organization. Click the link below for all links and the online version of this alert:
No registered users viewing this page.