Holster Question

recommended_posts

Does the whole trigger guard have to be covered, or just the trigger itself? One of my holsters covers the complete trigger, but the rear part of the trigger guard is exposed.

Best practice is to have the trigger completely inaccessible. It's there any chance a drawstring that you find inside some coats could get in there?

I have a manual safety. More concerned with what NJ law is. 

On 3/6/2024 at 6:48 PM, FDHog said:

I have a manual safety. More concerned with what NJ law is. 

Should not rely on saftey if an article of clothing or a draw string can get into the trigger I would not use it.

" For purposes of this section, “holster” means a device or sheath that securely retains a handgun which, at a minimum, conceals and protects the main body of the firearm, maintains the firearm in a consistent and accessible position, and renders the trigger covered and inaccessible while the handgun is fully seated in the holster."

That's all there is to know.  Until somebody gets arrested and there is a court decision on if this means trigger or if it means trigger and trigger guard.

Aside from what the law requires, I agree with others - cover the whole trigger assembly and stay safe.

guest_post_header

guest_post_pbr_blurb guest_post_sign_in

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   editor_cannot_paste_images