Sign in to follow this  
MSaxatilus

Another Transfer Question!

OK. I'm going to try to keep this as simple as possible.

A woman's husband dies 5 years ago and she legally inherits several rifles and a few shotguns... no handguns. Now several years later, she has offered the guns to me. I have a valid NJ FPID card but she does not. In order to legally transfer ownership to me, does the widow also need a valid NJ FPID card or just me as the buyer?

The STATE OF NEW JERSEY's CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY form that is required for each transfer of a Shotgun, Rifle, including black powder or BB Rifle has a line that asks for the seller's NJ FPID card number.

So does she need a FPID card or not?

I think not?

MSax

OK. I'm going to try to keep this as simple as possible.

A woman's husband dies 5 years ago and she legally inherits several rifles and a few shotguns... no handguns. Now several years later, she has offered the guns to me. I have a valid NJ FPID card but she does not. In order to legally transfer ownership to me, does the widow also need a valid NJ FPID card or just me as the buyer? Just the buyer.

The STATE OF NEW JERSEY's CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY form that is required for each transfer of a Shotgun, Rifle, including black powder or BB Rifle has a line that asks for the seller's NJ FPID card number. Disregard that.

So does she need a FPID card or not? No.

I think not?

MSax

• Like 1

That's what I thought. Thanks guys.

Actually for simplisity sake, the actual person aquiring is a friend of mine. So no, unfortunately, I'm not getting anything good.

But when I asked what she had, he called her up and told her to read what it says on the side of the guns. She said, and I quote:

"One says Browning Auto-Lite, the other says Winchester 2.... 1...... 21 I think?"

I should get a finders fee if you ask me. Lets hope they are in good shape.

MSax