Sign in to follow this  
Blcklightning

Cold Weather Fishing

Youre telling me, I keep telling my one friend we should go check out a few spots, but I know if there is still ice left (its thick enough we cant fish through it, and thin enough we cant walk on it. I am counting the days until I can get out there. I have a few new spots for pics and LMB to try. Late last season and very early last season I did go out in some cold weather. Early in the year I had a little luck with some smaller bass, later in the year I had no luck at all.

If I do get out I will post up. I have been itching to try some of the canals up your way, I hear they are some good areas.

If I do get out I will post up. I have been itching to try some of the canals up your way, I hear they are some good areas.

I don't personally know about the bass fishing in the canals, but there are a lot of trout when they are stocking in the spring! The Delaware river has good bass fishing.

I am a salt guy and waiting for nice weather in March to get my boat ready so I can cash in on the BIG striper run in Raritan Bay in early-mid april.

I haven't gone striper fishing in 2 years. I plan on doing some this year. For salt water I like to go for fluke, sea bass, and even ling! I've never gone for tuna, but I really want to!!

The recent warm weather is causing the itch to increase! Trout season starts in a month. fishing.gif