Sign in to follow this  
DevsAdvocate

Question about getting an FID with a misdemeanor...

My buddy was thinking of getting a NJ FID, but is unsure if he will be disqualified for a misdemeanor he received in Washington D.C.

He was caught one night in college at a bar with a fake I.D., spent a night in jail over it, and was charged with the aforementioned misdemeanor. He has not gotten the arrest/charge expunged (I think he was 18 or over at the time), so would this affect his chances in getting an FID + Pistol Permits?

Would it even show up in a background check?

Just guessing AND going by NJ law; It was probably an indictable offense and then downgraded to a disorderly offense in which he pled guilty to. Then the question still is, COULD the maximum sentence have been more than 6 months?

• Like 1

Just guessing AND going by NJ law; It was probably an indictable offense and then downgraded to a disorderly offense in which he pled guilty to. Then the question still is, COULD the maximum sentence have been more than 6 months?

I don't know, I'd have to ask him.

as a person that has been turned down for that reason i did this. For the questions that ask if u've ever been convicted just attach a seperate piece of paper that explains exactly what happened and that you believe it to be expunged. Being honest will actually help in this case. It did for me