Sign in to follow this  
AnthonyG

Pistol optics questions for Sig

I got some questions about optics for my Sig 229 and just pistols in general,first does anyone here use red dot/holographic sight on their pistols, has it helped them acquire targets better or done anything else for them. Secondly any suggestions I know Ncstar, AIM tactical, UAG tactical and some other brands make some sights that are from 30 dollars to about 60 dollars, then there is companies like C-more systems where a sight that looks similar but is 300 dollars. Whats the difference here I am guessing the glass is better but I dont understand sights beyond that and would like some help in what to look for or if for pistols the cheaper sights are fine.

Now aside from the sights I was looking on sig's site and they have this top rail mount Sig Mount and not bad only about 40 dollars but sig wants 12 dollars shipping is there any other websites that carry these and it might be cheaper, if it comes down to it Ill spend the 12 dollars but I just want to make sure its the best or only place to get it.Is there another mount that would fit the sig that is as sturdy I have seen some on amazon that seem kinda flimsy and are about 13 dollars and only are connected on one side.

I am open to any suggestions or if I left out any info that needed let me know thanks in advance for anyone that can help.