Sign in to follow this  
Shortfuse

Looking for Info

I picked this 12 Ga at a gun show It says Made in Brazil by CBC Imported by FIE Model SB It has An 18.5 in barrel 35 in overall.FIE went bankrupt in 1990 can anyone out there tell me if these came from the factory like this or did someone do this after. If this was done afterwards its an awsome job because it looks factory. It also says 12 Gauge 3 in Modified proof tested what does this mean. Any info I can get would be great. Thanks in advance.

I am not sure what you mean by "came from the factory like this ...?". Do you mean the 18.5 barrel? The shiny over varnished stock?

I will tell you what I know about those shotguns. FIE was one of many brazilian arms manufacturers that never made it. The gun you have there is prob one of the most prolific guns in south america and central america. There is prob one on evey farm, every ranch, at every mine, in every hut in every village in the amazon basin. Even the tribal clans still existing in the jungle use them to hunt monkeys.

Reliable... prob not. Easy to fix, yes.

12g is gauge or shell size... it will take up to a 3" or magnum 12g shell. You are ok shooting 2.75" shells from it. Modified is the choke or constriction of the muzzle in the barrel. But with a 18.5" barrel you might not see a difference. Get out and pattern it, shoot a bunch of shells at 30 circles on paper and many times and learn where that thing puts the majority of it's shoot stream.

Looks like a good hd gun. Learn to use it with two or three more shells held between the fingers of your support hand so as to reload quickly.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info I was wondering if they came from the factory with the short barrel. I grabbed it for HD and maybe rabit or turkey hunting maybe deer you dont get many long shots in the woods down here I will be taking to the range this weekend to patern it but I probably will put a rail on it for a flashlight and keep it next to the bed with rifled slugs. Anyway not a bad grab for a 100 Bucks