jptsr1

Moving back to NJ from CA

Just as a follow up. The move went relatively smoothly. There was a small hiccup with the TSA at the San Jose Airport in that they do now take your key and open your case outside of your presence if your bag is red flagged or "alarms" once it is checked. Your options are to give the key to the agent who takes it to the TSA screening room or settle for having your bag not loaded on the plane. I raised hell but in the end I needed to get on the plane so I gave in. A review of the TSA website coupled with a call to the TSA proved me wrong so I guess the policy changed since I last flew. In any case the guns arrived without further incident (other than being stuck on the conveyer at the Newark airport) and the ticket agent refunded my over weight fee in San Jose to calm me down. Ammo shipped UPS came 5 days later. I was surprised they just left the boxes in front of my garage but it's a good neighborhood so all is well.

Thanks to everyone for the tips.

also:

In case anyone does the same as I when packing their guns, what caused the "alarm" we're stuffed socks that I put in the case to keep stuff from rubbing together if the case is handled by a gorilla. Evidently they resemble drugs on the monitor. Go figure I guess?