Sign in to follow this  
jaii

Public Ranges/Events for Shooting "Experiences"

I shoot trap, skeet, and indoor rifle. I've gotten a lot more confidence in my handling, safety, and experience with my firearms in the past 3-4 months and am looking to branch out into some new experiences.

On my short list are:

Appleseed - Next one is June at Winslow, NJ?

Steel - OBRPC's Knockdown Steel on May 6th

Blowing up a Watermellon/Tannerite - Is there anywhere I could go aside from trying to make friends with lots of land?

Sporting Clays - Red Wings is the closest to NYC area?

I don't want to hunt, so are there any other interesting non-pistol shooting sports/experiences that you'd recommend to a new shooter?

Yes, It's a speed event. But do not let that discourage you, plenty of newbies and people who like to take it slow

Static Steel you stand in a box up range and start from the surrender postion with gun holstered ( hands above shoulders ) at the beep you draw and engage 5 steel targets of various sizes and distances, once you hit the last steel target your time is done. You repeat this a total of 5 times per stage, your slowest time is dropped and the rest averaged.

You cannot use a shotgun for static steel, knock down steel you can.

Static steel allows pistol caliber carbines as well. Do a search on you tube of " obrpc static steel "