Sign in to follow this  

Heritage Guild Easton experience...

I buddy who lives in Flemington invited me to go to Heritage Guild in Easton with him, and I have to say it was a very nice experience. The place is immaculate and well stocked, all the employees were super-nice and ultra helpful. The range was immaculate, air conditioned and well lit. Before I bought my first gun, I shopped at Heritage Guild in Rahway and I got that gruff "you're bothering us" attitude everyone complains about at many NJ shops so I was a bit skeptical, but the Easton location was completely different. The receptionist/cashier was great, the guy working the gun counter was great, and the RO was great - everyone very willing to help and the RO (i wish I got his name) was super helpful and gave me and my buddy (semi-newbs) a bunch if great tips. I live an hour and a half away, but definitely wish I had a place like that near me.

Glad you had a good experience.  I've been to the Easton location twice to rent & shoot and to the Branchburg location to look around and get some information/advice.  Great experiences all three times.  I'll def being going back and probably picking up a shotgun from them in the near future.  I'm also thinking of joining their "Crackshot" discount program but want to look around at what other ranges have to offer as well.

If you rented, what did rent?

I am a Crackshot member and its definetly worth the $

I didn't rent, I brought my own. I'm in the market for a "pocket" 9mm so I did browse their rental assortment. They didn't have a Khar CM9 or PM9 which is what i wanted to try (I really didn't expect them to) but they did seem to have a really good assortment of rentals. Ammo prices seemed fairly reasonable too.

Thanks for sharing your experience.. That place is on my list of summer visits..

I am also a member there and have nothing but good things to say about them. The last time there a couple of the range officers brought over a couple of brand new rental guns to the stations where my wife and I were and let us swap around. We go Monday mornings and  it is great. Also, I haven't beat their ammo prices anywhere yet, altho I wish they didn't have to limit 22lr to use on their range only but I sure do understand that.

How is there stock on ammo? Prices? Any restrictions ?

How is there stock on ammo? Prices? Any restrictions ?

Any time I have been there the ammo prices are good. They have not been out to gouge you. Also a decent stock of various calibers. Only restriction is they will only sell it for range use. They only started that when ammo got crazy. On the plus side you can go there and shoot and not have to worry about hunting down ammo

When I was there in march to try a new m&p, they would only sell for range use, and only 1 box. In addition, they wouldnt sell me 5.56 because I didnt have a rifle with me -____-.

Other than that, I shop there a lot, and usually a great experience.

22lr = $3.99 for 50, 100 round limit

9mm = $16.99 for 50 115 grain, also 100 rounds.

Not sure on other calibers but they will sell the 9mm to members for general use, but the 22s are to be used at that session on the range though you can buy 100 and only use 50 if you are so inclined. It's hard/impossible for me to stop at 50.

I would be glad to check on others if someone needs to know.

I believe they told me $20.99/50 but I'll double check next Monday if I remember.

I am a Crackshot member and its definetly worth the $

Me to, I have the family Crackshot membership!!

My experience with Heritage/Easton has also been good.

One thing that happened to me a few weeks ago - when I got there (mid-day) the range was closed.

Nobody knew when it would reopen and I was told to always call before going there.

Not sure if they had another accident - I hope not.

So next time I called and asked if the range was opened. Of course it's open, why do you ask ?  Duh !!

Any idea on .40?

It's about $20 per 50. I bought some earlier today along with other items but don't have the receipt.

I have yet had a chance to buy something expensive from them as I always seemed to be looking for something specific. In 2 separate times with 2 different salesperson, both provided me their full attention and showed me a lot of guns. What I really liked about them were that they weren't pushy or looking to make a sale. They have the customer's interest and satisfaction as their top priority. The things I was looking for weren't in stock. The showed me various comparable options, but ultimately told me that I should get the one I'm looking for as the better buy. 

That impressed me a lot, and I hope to do business with them one day.

Nother Crackshot member here -- well worth it and great range. They're expanding too -- looking forward to it

Wife & I are here now, breaking in the Ruger GP100 in .327 .......FINALLY!!!

This was the first range I ever visited... after my visit I decided to shoot at RTSP in Randolph.  BIG Difference.  After that experience (not that RTSP was bad... RO was great, staff was great - HG is cleaner and air conditioned) I ended up signing up for the Crackshot membership at HG.  I am a new shooter and EVERY single RO there has been very helpful. 

I didn't rent, I brought my own. I'm in the market for a "pocket" 9mm so I did browse their rental assortment. They didn't have a Khar CM9 or PM9 which is what i wanted to try (I really didn't expect them to) but they did seem to have a really good assortment of rentals. Ammo prices seemed fairly reasonable too.

Pocket 9mm you said?

Try sig p938

Pocket 9mm you said?

Try sig p938

Thanks but not a fan of Sigs or 1911's (uh oh, I can feel the flames already). Really like the Kahr CM9 and was hoping they had one to rent or buy.

Thanks but not a fan of Sigs or 1911's (uh oh, I can feel the flames already). Really like the Kahr CM9 and was hoping they had one to rent or buy.

.........only thing you left out that you re not a fan of is Glocks.

If you like them how about a G26 ....not a true pocket but a very versatile compact....and a 9mm

.........only thing you left out that you re not a fan of is Glocks.

If you like them how about a G26 ....not a true pocket but a very versatile compact....and a 9mm

I really don't like them either, I just didn't want to say that and get banished from forum all together! I have an M&P now and love it and i wouldn't mind a Shield, I really like the feel & size of the Kahr so that's next on my wish list.