kwadz

New investigation every time for PPP or only over 2 years?

Ok, so when I lived at my previous residence (also in NJ, different town), my chief told me that as long as I applied for a PPP/FID and underwent the $18 investigation within the previous 2 years, I didn't have to go through it again if I applied for more PPPs.  Does anyone know if this is true (now or in the past) and if it is a town by town thing (subjective) or mandated by the State Police? 

I applied for my last set of permits and FID change of address 13 months ago and received them 11 months ago, if that makes any difference.  I am about to apply for more permits, but I don't want to get the $18 money order unless I still need to go through all of that.  And, no, I have not called and asked the township, yet, since they are pretty obnoxious and anti-gun to start with and never act friendly over the phone.

My town does the NJSP investigation every time you go for permits and they re fingerprints every two years they waive the 18 dollar NJSP investigation on that time because the fingerprints is obviously more thorough but I pay 67+ dollars instead. Its all a bunch of BS.

Ok, so when I lived at my previous residence (also in NJ, different town), my chief told me that as long as I applied for a PPP/FID and underwent the $18 investigation within the previous 2 years, I didn't have to go through it again if I applied for more PPPs.  Does anyone know if this is true (now or in the past) and if it is a town by town thing (subjective) or mandated by the State Police? 

I applied for my last set of permits and FID change of address 13 months ago and received them 11 months ago, if that makes any difference.  I am about to apply for more permits, but I don't want to get the $18 money order unless I still need to go through all of that.  And, no, I have not called and asked the township, yet, since they are pretty obnoxious and anti-gun to start with and never act friendly over the phone.

It's town by town. Mine just wants the $18 money order as long as I have been active in the last 2 years. They have to do one or the other, background check or prints. Best to call and see what they require or just show up with the $18 money order and play stupid.

Thanks for the responses, guys.  Just stopped in today to get my paperwork and found out the details.  Cherry Hill requires no new fingerprinting.  They require the following:

$18 SBI money order

standard application

mental health check

"next of kin" consent form (illegal form, btw)

some other yellow signature form (also not standard, I believe)

Montgomery Twsp requires everything but fingerprints every time:

Application

$18 to NJSP

Mental health form

Two references

Past address history (to obtain mental health check from previous counties lived in)

Current quoted time for P2P is 2-3 months.