dwamp2006

AR part legality questions.....

Full Auto BCG only means it is capible of handling the excess stress in a Full Auto weapon. It is slightly heavier and more durable, that's it.

Incorrect, kinda.... ;)

Yes a FA bolt carrier is slightly heavier, but I don't know for certain about it being any more robust for the purpose of handling FA fire - I can't find any documentation in any of my Armorer materials one way or the other. But, a FA bolt carrier is however different in appearance and design to a SA carrier.

The FA carrier has a design feature that is a specific requirement for FA fire in guns that are so capable. Where the rear of a SA bolt carrier is open or "C" shaped, the rear of a FA bolt carrier is enclosed (more material = extra weight). The extra material enclosing the bottom of the rear of the carrier enables it to trip the Auto-Sear as the BCG goes into battery and releases the hammer without pressing the trigger again.

Additionally, If you put a SA bolt carrier in a FA capable gun, it will not fire FA even with the selector on the "AUTO" setting.

M16 = FA BCG

AR15 = SA BCG

6c41a0421ea708d3a2b2c312978eb91e_zps2212

Incorrect, kinda.... ;)

Yes a FA bolt carrier is slightly heavier, but I don't know for certain about it being any more robust for the purpose of handling FA fire - I can't find any documentation in any of my Armorer materials one way or the other. But, a FA bolt carrier is however different in appearance and design to a SA carrier.

The FA carrier has a design feature that is a specific requirement for FA fire in guns that are so capable. Where the rear of a SA bolt carrier is open or "C" shaped, the rear of a FA bolt carrier is enclosed (more material = extra weight). The extra material enclosing the bottom of the rear of the carrier enables it to trip the Auto-Sear as the BCG goes into battery and releases the hammer without pressing the trigger again.

Additionally, If you put a SA bolt carrier in a FA capable gun, it will not fire FA even with the selector on the "AUTO" setting.

M16 = FA BCG

AR15 = SA BCG

6c41a0421ea708d3a2b2c312978eb91e_zps2212

Thanks for the info! This was a good thread.